Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawke scopes

Options
  • 30-03-2010 6:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I have Hawke scopes on both my rifles which are .22lr and a .204 Ruger
    Both scopes allways keeps zero no problem,what would I gain if I changed to one of the top brands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

If you spend 3x the cash, you will get brighter, clearer glass. But probably not 3x brighter or clearer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

As demonloop said you will most likely get better quality glass, but not always 3 times the scope for the money. However if you go further and spend higher money again you will get 3 times the scope but you are looking at 5 times the money.

Take Nightforce for example. I use and swear by these scopes. They are unparalled when it comes to magnification, clarity, build quality, part quality and peace of mind (with a lifetime guaruntee). The drawback being they range in price from €1400 to €1850. However there are other makes such as Schmidt&Bender, Swarovski, etc that are just as good, but can cost up to €700/€1000 more than the Nightforce for no extra quality.

Its like buying a pair of trainers. You can go for the Lonsdale brand. Cheap enough and comfortable. Does all you need. Or you can go for the Nike brand. 3 times the price, maybe a bit more comfort, but mostly just name.

For a good read try here. It gives the process Nightforce go through in making their scopes. Compare the process to Hawke, AGS, etc. While the process is similar the quality going into the higher end scopes is far better.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

I have Hawke scopes on both my rifles which are .22lr and a .204 Ruger
    Both scopes allways keeps zero no problem,what would I gain if I changed to one of the top brands.

If it aint broken dont fix it

Advertisement