Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can my speed be improved/router suggests it can be ?

• 30-03-2010 7:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I've taken the following from my Vodafone router - I'm currently on the top package (8meg). I'm wondering is my line capable of a higher speed, considering what the router is reporting ? Would this be an unstable connection though ?

ModulationType: G.992.1 A (G.dmt)
    DataPath: Interleaved
    InterleaveDelay: 16
    UpstreamDownstreamCurrRate3843072MaxRate11605856NoiseMargin17.012.2Attenuation31.551.0Power2.112.1

Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate 384 3072
    MaxRate 1160 5856
    NoiseMargin 17.0 12.2
    Attenuation 31.5 51.0
    Power 2.1 12.1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Your line won't do 8, so they've dropped you back to the next available profile, which is 3. If there's a price saving, you should get them to change your package to 3 so you're not over paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

thanks Jor el, but with those stats - would i have a stable 5meg connection ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Probably not, but there is no 5Mbps profile anyway for Vodafone to put you on, so it would be up to eircom to tweak your profile, which I'm not sure they would do. Even then, it would be very dodgy, and I'd say not at all stable. 4Mbps might be the most you could get reliably.

Advertisement