Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplin rip-off

• 30-03-2010 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭

Maplin in Dublin City Centre, near Jervis had a traveller "World Radio" priced at 85€

The very same item can be bought online for 50£ (minus shipping)
    60£ after shipping.

That's 67€ shipped from the UK.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=352282

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Maplin have always been a rip off. This is nothing new!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,360 ✭✭✭bladespin

Doesn't really sound like much of a rip off TBH, at least not compared to some of their other stuff.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

You seem shocked by this, they have always been overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 walshkvn

NTC wrote: »
    You seem shocked by this, they have always been overpriced.

+1

Never found them that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

aways found maplin to be very expensive,would want to be badly stuck for something before i would buy their.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Maplin are renowned for their crazy high prices. But I still shop there for small bits and pieces, their stock (in Galway) is good and they have bits you wouldn't find in other bricks and mortar shops.

I'd never dream of buying anything expensive in there though, I draw the line at small switches/connectors etc.

Advertisement