Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Limerick showing 3D football this weekend?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 9:54am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It seems like some pubs in the bigger cities will be showing Manchester United v Chelsea this weekend. Any news of such a pub in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Only a few in Dublin and maybe one or two in Cork was the last I heard anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kess73 wrote: »
    Only a few in Dublin and maybe one or two in Cork was the last I heard anyway.

There are some in Waterford, which means that surely Limerick will have it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

If ye want to see Soccer in 3D in Limerick then get out to Jackman Park and support your local Soccer Team instead of wandering the Streets with British Club colours on your confused, lost Irish backs :D

Raiser wrote: »
    If ye want to see Soccer in 3D in Limerick then get out to Jackman Park and support your local Soccer Team instead of wandering the Streets with British Club colours on your confused, lost Irish backs :D

I grew up in Liverpool, so I do support the team that was local to where I went to school and college :p

FutureGuy wrote: »
    There are some in Waterford, which means that surely Limerick will have it too!

Did not know that. Guess the thing to do is keep an eye out for any adverts in the Post or Independent about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kess73 wrote: »
    I grew up in Liverpool, so I do support the team that was local to where I went to school and college :p

scouser.jpg

Anyone in this photo with Kess is excluded of course.

scouser.jpg

Anyone in this photo with Kess is excluded of course.

That's me in the front row, fourth from the left. :D You can tell I am not a proper Liverpool born scouser as I have a day tripper hat on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If you cannot answer the OPs request for information then do not post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Reardens, Washington St and SoHo bar and Restaurant, Grand Parade are the pubs in Cork that are showing the match in 3D. The Sky website does have a "Pub Finder" but it's only Postcodes you can enter so only the UK ones you can search :mad: I'm sure they'd have a few Limerick pubs aswell, they are doing it in Cork, Kerry and Waterford so they'd surely be foing it in Limerick aswell :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

IrishKev wrote: »
    Reardens, Washington St and SoHo bar and Restaurant, Grand Parade are the pubs in Cork that are showing the match in 3D. The Sky website does have a "Pub Finder" but it's only Postcodes you can enter so only the UK ones you can search :mad: I'm sure they'd have a few Limerick pubs aswell, they are doing it in Cork, Kerry and Waterford so they'd surely be foing it in Limerick aswell :)

If they are, they are doing a pretty poor job of adverticing the fact. The only bars in the city I can see trying it are the sportsy bars like Smyths, Clohesseys and Flannerys. The final two are primarily rugby bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Anybody know which pubs in Waterford are showing this?

I was on the Sky 3D finder and as mentioned, its UK postcodes only. I tried putting in N/A or Ireland, but its just a terrible website, which just above the search box it says UK and Ireland, yet you can't search Ireland... :mad:

Thanks
    DG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

DanGlee wrote: »
    Anybody know which pubs in Waterford are showing this?

I was on the Sky 3D finder and as mentioned, its UK postcodes only. I tried putting in N/A or Ireland, but its just a terrible website, which just above the search box it says UK and Ireland, yet you can't search Ireland... :mad:

Thanks
    DG.

Dude try the fecking waterford forum........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jako117

its on in clare

• Registered Users Posts: 27 davidcorry

I cant imagine them advertising it too much. Pubs would be swamped

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

jako117 wrote: »
    its on in clare

Where?

i was in clohessys last thursday for a function and they where showing a repeat of the city/united game in 3D........................... yes they have the 3D screen. hopefully it wasnt a once off thing but i really doubt it or it would have been a once off when the game was live as oppose to repeating it.

so Clohessys have it

anywhere else guys??? heard rumours of the unicorn but not sure. id expect more of the hotel/upper class sporty bars would have them

yes upper class in limerick:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Ya Clohessys got it recently... I saw a 3D match in Ballybunion, its cool but I dont really see the big deal :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Ya Clohessys got it recently... I saw a 3D match in Ballybunion, its cool but I dont really see the big deal :o

Its really just a fad, HD didnt manage to reach the audience levels the TV industry wanted. LCD prices only got REALLY low in the start of the recession, now that its in full swing the market penetration is even lower so TV bosses are trying desperately to find the next "must have" feature.... enter 3d.

tbh its not so great, if you have HD you may have paid on average 500 euro for your new set, will you now replace this with a set that at cheapest will be 1500euro?

Take into account for everyday 3d viewing you need to wear glasses. When most people get home from work they want to sit and watch tv not be involved with the tv experience. The only time people actively want to be part of the viewing experience instead of having it presented to them is when tey are playing video games or watching movies.

These two activities take only on average 20 - 25% of the tv use time so the big question is ..... Are you willing to replace your set with one that costs 3 times as much for a feature that at best you will use 25% of the time?

(yes sky are launching their 3d channel later in the year but remember its only one channel, which will only be on limited hours and will not be actual 3d just 3d enhanced 2d so will be like the old style 3d just without the red/blue lines.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Will Clohessy's be showing Liverpool-Chelsea in 3D this weekend?

Melion wrote: »
    Will Clohessy's be showing Liverpool-Chelsea in 3D this weekend?

my guess and extreme hope is yes:D ill try to get into town tommorow to find out. if anyone knows feel free to let us know:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Yes they definatly are showing it for ye 3D fans :D

Yes they definatly are showing it for ye 3D fans :D

you sound sure:D i love it. wouldnt be a 3D fan but im a liverpool fan and besides seeing them in real life i havent seen them in 3D yet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

davidcorry wrote: »
    I cant imagine them advertising it too much. Pubs would be swamped
    Isn't that the point of it? :rolleyes:

Advertisement