Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodaphone PAYG broadband

Options
  • 30-03-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am on Voda PAYG and notice the following options on my vodafone:

Domestic Mobile Broadband Extras
    Product Extras Data Limit Cost
    DATA Daily Broadband Add on 500MB €3
    DATA Weekly Broadband Add on 2048MB €10
    DATA Monthly Broadband Add on 5120MB €20

Has anyone purchased these?

What can I use them for and how does it work?
    I want to use some of the advanced stuff on my phone for a while (a-gps on my mobile fring etc) but what else can I do?
    i.e. can I use the allowance for connecting via my laptop and phone?
    Also does it matter if I am in 3g or gprs area?

I dont want to pay 20euro for the wrong product,
    cheers,
    km

EDIT:

ok looking at other threads it appears this may be for home broadband? id this correct? 19c a megabyte is pretty poor (almost as bad as a text message!) but I guess for A-gps/ traffic data its not too bad - are there no bundles for PAYG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

No one has bought one/knows about these and willing to comment?
    Or does that mean I am way off the mark here?

km

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

you taking about the dongle, mobile broadband? you buy a bundle and use it for the given time or until you use all the MB up. If you use internet every day, monthly is the best option. if only once in bue moon, less than 5 days of the month, go with the €3 a day if the 500MB allowed is enough for ya.

Ring customer service to find out the best one for you I would say though....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i think he is talking about using his phone for connecting to the internet im not two sure that looks pretty similar to the 3 system were you can buy data allowances for a month on pay as you go

yep sorry, went through cust service and gave up with them..

What I mean is:
    Basically what I want is to be able to use the data features on my handset (i.e. use the AGPS of maps application, bit of youtube etc all via my nokia n86).

I noticed the DATA add ons on my vodafone:
    (DATA Daily Broadband Add on 500MB €3
    DATA Weekly Broadband Add on 2048MB €10
    DATA Monthly Broadband Add on 5120MB €20)

and want to know if they can be used for this purpose.

I then want to know that if the above is true, i.e. those addons are for my handset, if I can then use the allowance to connect to the net via my laptop and using my mobile as a modem (the hardware is capable).

Sorry for my vague opening post,

Cheers,
    km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Those addon are for mobile broadband, using a usb dongle in a laptop.

If you want to use data on your mobile handset, just use the vodafone live connection at 99cent a day for 50mb, or the ISP apn for 19cent a MB.

• Advertisement

thanks I was starting to think that,
    However, how can they tell the difference?

i.e. cant I set up an apn on my phone with the same as that a dongle connects with?

I want to use the data on my handset and for connecting via my laptop;

cheers,
    km

Advertisement