Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard solo ideas

• 30-03-2010 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I totally forgot this forum was here, must start hanging out and posting more as i've been gigging with bands for years now and am always looking for more stuff to learn about theory.

Anyways my question is to any fellow keys and synth players out there, where do you get inspiration for your solos and breaks from? i'm playing with a 70s/80s covers band right now after a 2 year long break travelling and am finding that my solos are really boring and "samey", i'm just doing the same old runs and licks and am desperate for inspiration. I've gotton back to listening to some Deep Purple, Dream Theater and Doors stuff but was wondering how anyone else comes up with their solos and learns then or do ye tend to just improvise something every gig?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭doctor robert

pclancy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I totally forgot this forum was here, must start hanging out and posting more as i've been gigging with bands for years now and am always looking for more stuff to learn about theory.

Anyways my question is to any fellow keys and synth players out there, where do you get inspiration for your solos and breaks from? i'm playing with a 70s/80s covers band right now after a 2 year long break travelling and am finding that my solos are really boring and "samey", i'm just doing the same old runs and licks and am desperate for inspiration. I've gotton back to listening to some Deep Purple, Dream Theater and Doors stuff but was wondering how anyone else comes up with their solos and learns then or do ye tend to just improvise something every gig?

Cheers
    easy, all you really do is go back to yourself,
    scale arps exercises , keep in there till the insp comes and it will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Scales and arps eh...its been a long while but yeah that sounds good, any good books or lessons around on good ones to use? The only stuff I can remember are some of the Hanon excercises.

Advertisement