Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this sleep walking?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

The other day I hadn't had much sleep and ended up having a nap on the couch in the living room. I remember half waking up when my sister came in to watch tv and then fell back asleep. She watched something on TV for half an hour and then left.

Anyway, I think her leaving woke me up but I wasn't fully awake and I remember just thinking "She's taken my rain jacket! :mad:" :o and I walked up to her room and banged on the door and asked did she take my rain jacket. As I was asking her I was actually thinking what AM I saying but it was like I didn't have any control over my speech.

I've said something to people while still asleep before but I don't remember ever actually walking somewhere while still asleep. Is this sleep walking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Something similar happened to me about a year ago.

I was in bed, at about 11pm, and my mum came in to put away some clothes or something. She woke me up, I was still kind of half asleep, and I suddenly jumped up and started looking for a piece of paper with 'cancer' written on it :confused:

Mum kept asking me what I was talking about, and I kept saying "I have to find the piece of paper with cancer on it!!"

Mum then said "Aoife...Cancer?!!!:confused:" Then I just sort of snapped awake, and just thought...what the feck was that all about?!!

I'd say it was some sort of sleepwalking, or just a kind of waking dream state of some sort.

I have sleepwalked in the past aswell.

Advertisement