Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour de France teams announced

• 30-03-2010 10:53am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭

"The 16 teams automatically selected teams under the 2008 agreement are: Team Milram, Quick Step, Omega Pharma-Lotto, Team Saxo Bank, Caisse d'Epargne, Euskaltel-Euskadi, Footon-Servetto, HTC-Columbia, AG2R La Mondiale, Bbox Bouygues Telecom, Cofidis, Francaise des Jeux, Lampre-Farnese, Liquigas-Doimo, Astana, and Rabobank.
    Wild card invitations: Garmin-Transitions, Team RadioShack, BMC Racing Team, Team Sky, Katusha, and Cervelo TestTeam."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-organiser-announces-22-team-for-2010-race

No Skil-Shimano or Vacansoleil and the worst looking jersey in the peleton gets a start !!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The only reason Footon Servetto are there is because of a 2008 agreement that said of the 2008 pro tour teams were entitled to an invite for the following two years. They were disinvited last year because of blotting their copybook in 2008, but I presume the organisers felt too much time had passed to enable them to do the same this year.

That, new signings by BNC and the creation of Sky and Radioshack meant that Skil and Vacansoleil were left out in the cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Disappointed not to see Vacans Soleil on the list. I thought the Feillu brothers would make them a shoo-in and Johnny Hoogerland is always an aggressive racer. I think their kit is even uglier than the footon lot too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Offtopic.

But thinking that Giro could be pretty interesting this year compared to the TDF. Seems as if some teams accept Contadors dominance and are maybe focusing on Giro (Evans, Wiggins and Sastre but has no real form).
    Just an idle thought.
    Pity about Skil and Vacan. They certainly bust a gut in many races so far this year to get some exposure. Plus I had to admire the gutsiness of Kenny Van Hummell at last years tour.

ROK ON wrote: »

But thinking that Giro could be pretty interesting this year compared to the TDF.

It certainly was last year :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Looking good for 3 Irish riders in Le Tour.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Looking good for 3 Irish riders in Le Tour.

Hopefully, I'll make sure to have a tricolour with me when I'm in Montargis.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Thats a bummer for Skil-Shimano and Vacansoleil. Would've liked to have seen one of them there preferably the latter.

I'd say Vacansoleil are regretting sponsoring Paris Nice now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Does Skil-Shimano really merit a place just because they have Kenny (the worst climber in the TDF) Van Hummel?

Apart from stronger cycling merits, if you look at the wild cards you can see dollars/euros beside each one:

Garmin, Shack, BMC, Cervelo (American Teams)

Katusha (Russian conglomerate, part funded by Gazprom turned over 98bn in 2008, wowsers!)

Sky (Box thing on your TV)

Does Skil-Shimano really merit a place just because they have Kenny (the worst climber in the TDF) Van Hummel?

They haven't got a place.

Advertisement