Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on a Winchester?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Well lads was wondering what your thoughts would be on a Winchester Select 2? A friend of mine was telling me they are good value for money and a good all rounder if. But this was a while ago and would you,s Know of a newer version of it.

Cheers
    Shootingkid:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Have one now a few years and it has never let me down.
    Mine is a 30inch sporter.
    A bit heavy for game shooting IMHO.

The new one is the select energy i think, lovey lookin gun 513017m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

i kinda looks like the Browning cynergy gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Spunk84 wrote: »
    i kinda looks like the Browning cynergy gun
    Dont like the price tough;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shootingkid

Thanks lads do you know of what price range you would be paying for a new one or a clean second-hand one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

courtlough have new and second hand winchester shotguns over there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I was going to buy a Winchester sporter but decided to stick with my Bettensoli supersport. Winchester used to make a great clay gun, (going back to the 70's) Im not sure now, you could get a nice miroku for around the same money. (though they tend to hit hard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

winchester in name only ,they could be called yokohama .

a bit like our own waterford glass . once a world wide brand now only a brand name to be sold to the highest bidder .

cheers anyone know he difference between an miruko mk38 trap and the sporter

a trap gun will normally shoot higher ,30/70

where a standered sporter , game gun will shoot 50/50.

my sporter is set up to shoot 35/65 or a bit higher i like to see what im shooting .

its down to stock hight .also the wood on a trap gun in fuller in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

The mk38 sport is a very nice gun. It seems to be a very pointable gun for the clays.
    The stock seems to be a bit on the long side though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

jwshooter wrote: »
    a trap gun will normally shoot higher ,30/70

where a standered sporter , game gun will shoot 50/50.

my sporter is set up to shoot 35/65 or a bit higher i like to see what im shooting .

its down to stock hight .also the wood on a trap gun in fuller in the hand.

The mk38 trap would have fixed full and 3/4 chokes, whereas the sporter would be multichoke.

ayapatrick wrote: »
    The mk38 trap would have fixed full and 3/4 chokes, whereas the sporter would be multichoke.

not so . the sportsman gun centre sell MK38s trap with teague chokes and adjustable stocks .

most trap guns come with chokes now .

thanks men but in your opinion which would be best for clay shooting and a bit of pigeon shooting in the summer:D, the trap or sporter

thats a bit like asking whats the weather going to be like in may.

depends on the gun and you .

im 6.1" not carrying a lot of fat . i have to have a high stock .
    many sporters are to low for me ( i have to lift my head to see the target ) .

i like trap guns to shoot sporting .my gun is set so high that il shoot sporting and trap with it .

the benfit of a high shooting gun on sporting is you see the target all the time .unless its a mad rising target at long range.

just make sure it has chokes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Johnny_Coyle

sounds so American, but didn't Fn buy them out? If not, they are probably under Beretta, like everyone else.

Last I heard they were Japanese, like Browning, so they're probably a lot of crossovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I think shoot the gun your comfortable with, I know a guy who shoots all the time with a GTi as in Browning not Golf trap gun

Advertisement