Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Ad

Options
  • 30-03-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

dont know if this has been posted already but have ye heard the Eircom ad that encourages people to ditch the dog if you dont have enough money for your broadband or something mad along those lines?

Here is the link if you would like to complain..might be able to get it off air
    <snip>
    Also a discussion DID website..

<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TillyGirl wrote: »
    dont know if this has been posted already but have ye heard the Eircom ad that encourages people to ditch the dog if you dont have enough money for your broadband or something mad along those lines?
    It's not encouraging people to ditch their dog, but the premise is that the guy is phoning eircom because his kids are studying for their exams and (somehow) it's costing him so much money that he's going to have to get rid of the dog.

The whole thing is treated in a very light-hearted manner as if getting rid of the dog just for some exams is no big deal, and the ad irritates me no end. But I don't think it encourages anything.

It was clearly written by idiots with no pets and no imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Is this perhaps not taking the ad a little too seriously? I'm sure it was only meant toungue-in-cheek and that most people wouldn't even consider dumping their dog so they could afford to keep their broadband (and those who do would probably dump the dog anyway, for even the smallest reasons). Actually, getting rid of the dog probably wouldn't pay for the monthly costs of Eircom's broadband!! :eek:

I actually have more issue with the Cadbury's Cream Egg ads - they all contain humanised eggs committing suicide. That must be really hard to watch for families who have experienced a suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Not really a thread for here. Nor is it a forum for lodging complaints. There is an Eircom forum afaik, maybe pm one of the reps in there?
    A lot of ads are anti things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement