Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toolbars

• 30-03-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi
    How do you get rid of toolbars eg "Feboz" and some others. I dont have the www space at the top anymore either and the home sign is gone and history. I was trying to get up games for my 6 yr old last nite and my god is it mental for add ons any help please and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Start -> Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs.
    Wait for the list to populate
    Search for the various toolbar names in the list.
    Highlight and click uninstall / remove and it should generally do the trick unless you've got other spyware.

PS: Always check when you are installing something. At some point or other it will generally have a checkbox with "Do you wish to install bla bla bla". Uncheck the box/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

After you remove them, I'd suggest you also do a spyware/malware scan for any hidden crap they have left behind.
    It wouldn't be the first time that such applications have deliberately left behind something to take advantage of your downloading their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mumof3angels

hi thanks for that. I look them up in the control panel but they are not there. how do you do a spy ware check ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

What is the name on the toolbar you are trying to remove?

For a spyware check go to:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/index.php

Download the free version, install it, update it and run a full system scan.

For scanning, as suggested try the free Ad-aware or an exceptionally good free tool called Malwarebytes, found here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Also when you're installing programs beware of the option to "install our nifty toolbar that you won't actually need!", button. Uncheck that.

But as mentioned Control panel and remove them that way, and virus/malware scan......as was mentioned......above........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Noxin wrote: »
    What is the name on the toolbar you are trying to remove?

For a spyware check go to:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/index.php

Download the free version, install it, update it and run a full system scan.

Does the free version allow you to remove what it has detected or does it tell you to buy the package in order to do the removal?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Does the free version allow you to remove what it has detected or does it tell you to buy the package in order to do the removal?
    -
    It allows you totally, to remove everything it finds as does the Malwarebytes tool.
    Both are very good by the way.

Advertisement