Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Apartments All Sold!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Who wants to live there?

Hmmmm.......the Irish are gas......if there were cheap apts going on the moon they would try to buy them!!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Dilynnio wrote: »
    Who wants to live there?

Hmmmm.......the Irish are gas......if there were cheap apts going on the moon they would try to buy them!!!

How much? Are there opportunities for a canny and savvy ftb?
    I think I read somewhere that there are cheap ones going to go next in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

accensi0n wrote: »
    It's just a buzz word.

I'm on the car ladder, laptop ladder and clothes ladder at the moment.

Aren't we the lucky ones!

The safest place to be!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

testicle wrote: »
    Most lenders won't give a mortgage on sums less than €100k, so I hope these prospective purchasers have a lot of cash.

Urban myth. If you dont believe me go in and ask your bank manager. If you are in a good situation banks will loan you as little as you want. A guy I work with bought an apartments for his mother a few weeks ago. He paid some cash from savings got a mortgage of 95k.

Investors will stay out of the property market too because or taxes and that they can only write off 75% of the loan interest. So id say FTBs have this market to themselves.

From the article.
    The mortgage repayments on two-bed apartments are €264.85 per month

:eek:

I spend more than that on coffee in a month.
    But id rather drink my coffee than live in Mullingar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Wait until you see most wont even get a mortgage. The person who is pictured on yesterdays indo as accepting her keys hadn't even a mortgage secured! Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Looks like a lot of people in this thread are pissed off that they didn't get such opportunities when they bought their homes. Lol...

under 100K for a 3 bed apartment? That's pretty good. If somebody wants to buy them then let them on. What's it to ya? It's a great deal to some people, so let them be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

under 100K for a 3 bed apartment? That's pretty good.

You only think that because you are comparing the price with bubble prices.

Looks like a lot of people in this thread are pissed off that they didn't get such opportunities when they bought their homes. Lol...

under 100K for a 3 bed apartment? That's pretty good. If somebody wants to buy them then let them on. What's it to ya? It's a great deal to some people, so let them be.

You think so? Massive Lol. Good value maybe in somewhere a 'bit' closer to Dublin it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Duffmanic

You guys are the biggest crowd of doom and gloom merchants I have ever seen, who are yous to predict that them apartments will be worth less than 70 or80 K in a few years.
    What do you expect, to sit on ur ass and get things handed to you for next to notting, if u want nice things in life u have to work hard for them and pay for them, that's life.
    People will always want there own home and as long as that's the case there will always be a demand for property.
    I do agree that prices for property did go crazy and still need to come down in certain areas, when they become affordable again people will start buying.
    It might not be fair that buying a house is a lifetime commitment but that's the way the world works
    A 260 euro a month mortgage between 2 people is a very good deal, how could u expect a cheaper mortgage than that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Duffmanic wrote: »
    You guys are the biggest crowd of doom and gloom merchants I have ever seen, who are yous to predict that them apartments will be worth less than 70 or80 K in a few years.
    What do you expect, to sit on ur ass and get things handed to you for next to notting, if u want nice things in life u have to work hard for them and pay for them, that's life.
    People will always want there own home and as long as that's the case there will always be a demand for property.
    I do agree that prices for property did go crazy and still need to come down in certain areas, when they become affordable again people will start buying.
    It might not be fair that buying a house is a lifetime commitment but that's the way the world works
    A 260 euro a month mortgage between 2 people is a very good deal, how could u expect a cheaper mortgage than that

Do you know mdebets ?

A 260 a month mortgage betweek 2 people sounds good now, but they'll be 130 a month in a year or two. Doesn't sound so good now does it?

Are you aware property in Ireland is extremely overpriced?

No one here wants anything for nothing. We just want a healthy property market. That means:

a) no property bubbles
    b) no overpriced property
    c) no underpriced property

We have just left a property bubble and are currently stuck with a load of overpriced property.

We are being sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Duffmanic

Prices were overpriced but are coming down,i am sick of all these doom merchants who are scaring people with there forcasts for the future. The late late show was a disgace the other nite with that prick of a kevin myers telling us all how bleak the future is, what does he know about it the anti Irish dick. It's people like him and the trashy tabloid newspapers who are keeping us in recession, oh no years of hardship and darkness ahead.
    I dont think we know how lucky we are, all we have to worry about now is corrupt politics and greedy bankers and falling house prices, try imagine if we lived ina country like Iraq or third world countrys in Africa where goverments spend all there money on war, we would have something to whinge about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Prices were overpriced but are coming down,i am sick of all these doom merchants who are scaring people with there forcasts for the future. The late late show was a disgace the other nite with that prick of a kevin myers telling us all how bleak the future is, what does he know about it the anti Irish dick. It's people like him and the trashy tabloid newspapers who are keeping us in recession, oh no years of hardship and darkness ahead.
    I dont think we know how lucky we are, all we have to worry about now is corrupt politics and greedy bankers and falling house prices, try imagine if we lived ina country like Iraq or third world countrys in Africa where goverments spend all there money on war, we would have something to whinge about.

Here I think you will like this site for comparison
    http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Also thanks. I just watched the LLS on the RTE player and that is not doom and gloom, that is realism.

It's people like him and the trashy tabloid newspapers who are keeping us in recession

Ah yeah, nothing to do with the financials, we are talking ourselves into a recession! :rolleyes:

I agree with you on this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

One bed apartment in Parnell Street, Dublin 1 - Asking €95,000 :

www.daft.ie/1510381

The price is right in Mullingar?

wyndham wrote: »
    One bed apartment in Parnell Street, Dublin 1 - Asking €95,000 :

www.daft.ie/1510381

The price is right in Mullingar?

Id rather live in Mullingar than in those apartments. And thats saying something, because I hate Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I would too, but the letting potential has to be 100 times greater in Parnell St.

wyndham wrote: »
    I would too, but the letting potential has to be 100 times greater in Parnell St.

True, but I think investors are being squeezed out though. No investor is going to invest in property with the threat of more taxes hanging over them and only 75% of interest being allowable. And then they have the NPPR of €200 and PRTB on top of that.

Its just not attractive enough for the investor.

Id be afraid to go to that apartment at night, and im not small :D

AARRRRGH wrote: »
    Id be afraid to go to that apartment at night, and im not small :D

I lived in that area (Blessington Street) for a while and it is grand. You only get trouble if you want it. Those apartments are actally just beside the Cineworld cinema so it's not a bad area at all.

Odd though that they haven't included any photos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

I'm sick of people like you who fuelled this debt bubble and who have ruined this country. You have caused untold misery with forced emigration, lives ruined through unemployment and suicide.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I lived in that area (Blessington Street) for a while and it is grand. You only get trouble if you want it. Those apartments are actally just beside the Cineworld cinema so it's not a bad area at all

That apt is the OPPOSITE end of Cineworld just past Chinatown on towards the Gardiner St junction. Quite possibly the worst and scumiest end of Parnell St.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm sorry mods, I know this is off topic, but;

AARRRGH and AARRRRGH, on the same thread. I'm so confused.:confused:

iguana wrote: »

I know. He should change his name.

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I know. He should change his name.

I think I probably will when i get round to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

iguana wrote: »

I though AARRRGH was having a conversation with himself till I saw this post. :)

What's with this new AARRRRGH dude copying your username.... strange...

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    I though AARRRGH was having a conversation with himself till I saw this post. :)

What's with this new AARRRRGH dude copying your username.... strange...

Its all explained elsewhere.

testicle wrote: »
    Do you know mdebets ?

A 260 a month mortgage betweek 2 people sounds good now, but they'll be 130 a month in a year or two. Doesn't sound so good now does it?

If I can spend that €260 on coffee in a month (**** I could even spend €130 on a night on the piss), its a damned good price for someone who wants to live there. The speed of the sales and the amount of people looking for them proves there is plenty of demand at that price. I bet the next lot are priced higher.

Advertisement