Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrators appointed to Quinn at the request of the Financial Regulator

Options
  • 30-03-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0330/quinn.html

The financial reg is concerned about how quinn has been handling it's affairs and perhaps more solvent owners are being sought.

Anyone have any idea on what this means for the normal joe soap who has their insurance with Quinn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

At the moment it will operate as normal until the outcome of the administration is evident

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Is that the health insurance too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

murphym7 wrote: »
    Is that the health insurance too?

Apparently so.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

I don't think this news is anything to be really concerned about. It is the insurance industry's equivalent of an external audit so to speak.

Think it's just the regulator being a little heavy handed, perhaps cuse of what happened to pmpa, now axa, years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 newtogame

I am amused at the workers from Quinn protesting at the Dail today.Surely their jobs will be better protected if the company follows best practise.If we want to grow up as a nation we have to have high standards in our POLITICIANS,BANKS,INSURANCE COMPANIES etc.As an Electorate we have a responsibility to vote those who are honest,hard working,intelligent and incorruptible,not the fella who gets us our planning permission/grant/pension/social welfare etc.Only when we do this ,and grow up instead of laughing when our politicians are up before tribunalswill we become a great country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

newtogame wrote: »
    I am amused at the workers from Quinn protesting at the Dail today.Surely their jobs will be better protected if the company follows best practise.If we want to grow up as a nation we have to have high standards in our POLITICIANS,BANKS,INSURANCE COMPANIES etc.As an Electorate we have a responsibility to vote those who are honest,hard working,intelligent and incorruptible,not the fella who gets us our planning permission/grant/pension/social welfare etc.Only when we do this ,and grow up instead of laughing when our politicians are up before tribunalswill we become a great country.
    I agree that Sean Quinn is solely responsible for the position the Company is in now but I understand the employees raising the issue BEFORE there is any risk to their jobs. Too often employees take action after the company has gone bust i.e Waterford Glass. It's too late then

Advertisement