Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative selling : make your house a ".com"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

radar0976 wrote: »
    Great idea niffle. I'll do that, thanks.
    i reckon he was being sarcastic myself and also +1 on the POA bit

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sodaev

the only thing that will sell your house is the price. websites and fonts are only shuffling the deckchairs whislt the price sinks.

What's the minimum you can afford to sell for. That should be your starting point.

Sold my house late last year, looked at similar houses in the estate, none of which were selling, priced mine at what I would be willing to sell which was approximately 40k less than anything else on the market and sold within 8 weeks. Some of those same houses are still on the market except they are now 40k less than the price I sold for. Dropped about 80k in 6 months.

Price, price, price.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Well based mainly on what I've read here I have knocked 15K off the price today which makes it the most competitively priced property in the most sought after suburb of Cork. Fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

You have to go about halway down the page before you find out the house is in Cork. That should be right up at the top.

iguana wrote: »
    You have to go about halway down the page before you find out the house is in Cork. That should be right up at the top.

Good point, just changed it there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

@ 220k your house is GROSSLY overpriced.

It doesn't matter what marketing tools you use to try and sell the house, your house is still GROSSLY overpriced. By about probably 80-100k.

BTW..... POA.... seller suicide. I NEVER look at an ad with POA in it. Anyone who puts POA on and ad is definitely looking for a crazy price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Well based mainly on what I've read here I have knocked 15K off the price today which makes it the most competitively priced property in the most sought after suburb of Cork. Fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but you're completely deluding yourself - listen to AAARRRGGHH.

Setting up websites, facebook etc won't help you - dropping the price SIGNIFICANTLY is the only thing which will sell it.

You're completely wasting your time.

Drop it by €50k and see what happens. If nothing - drop it another €50k.

IMO you'll only get what it's worth - €100k-€120k

I'm sorry but you're completely deluding yourself - listen to AAARRRGGHH.

Setting up websites, facebook etc won't help you - dropping the price SIGNIFICANTLY is the only thing which will sell it.

You're completely wasting your time.

Drop it by €50k and see what happens. If nothing - drop it another €50k.

IMO you'll only get what it's worth - €100k-€120k

Things may be bad but I don't think they're quite that bad! There are propeties in this area achieving sales at decent prices BECAUSE it is the best location in Cork. Why do you think half the Munster rugby team live in this estate and my neighbour two doors down owns a Ferrari! This is not just some estate in the middle of nowhere. Properties inferior to this area achieving over 200K at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Remember too, if someone does google your property (or even your site) this thread is likely to be one of the first results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Well strictly from a website point of view( And viewing this onmy iPod touch) I feel the site is very Dark and gloomy, You really want a bright colour like the daft site.. Cause that black just really doesn't suit it IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Well strictly from a website point of view( And viewing this onmy iPod touch) I feel the site is very Dark and gloomy, You really want a bright colour like the daft site.. Cause that black just really doesn't suit it IMO

hey, I took the interior pics for the website, please don't say the pics are looking dark!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Maybe you are right in what you are saying and maybe the price does need to drop. However it is not in "the countryside". It's in the middle of the most exclusive and sought after estate in cork city with *everything* on it's doorstep and is built by O'Flynn construction who are the best regarded builders in Munster.
    Maybe we need to go to 'price on application' because we're obviously prepared to listen to any offers which come in.

Im sorry now but mount oval is not that desirable.People bought these overpriced properties and thought they would go up in price even more.Its the case of i told ya so. Lots of "professionals" are feeling the pinch trying to live the millionaires lifestyle on borrowed money

Im not having a go but your not gonna sell any quicker because its in mount oval IMHO .If i had my choice i would pick a council estate over a duplex "batchelor pad" , its cheaper too

Advertisement