Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox mad catz TE stick help

Options
  • 30-03-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I have a TE stick on the xbox how do i make it so i can use it on the ps3 also is there a guide i can follow and what parts do i need.
    Im also not good at solder is there a lot of solder to be done.
    And is there a danger i can break the stick doing the job

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

I have a TE stick on the xbox how do i make it so i can use it on the ps3 also is there a guide i can follow and what parts do i need.
    Im also not good at solder is there a lot of solder to be done.
    And is there a danger i can break the stick doing the job

you need to dual mod it with a cthulu board or an imp board i believe its called??
    afaik there are no converters to ps3.

i'd say there is a good bit of soldering and if you dont know what your doing there is a chance you could fry the board and not have it work on xbox or ps3,
    i suggest sending it off to be done or contacting someone who has done it before.

here are some links

http://www.modchipman.com/-p-1744.html

http://frameadvantage.blogspot.com/2009/08/modding-madcatz-te-360-stick-for-ps3.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTyyxRGYdV0

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

As far as I'm aware, the Cthulhu board is all you need, but the Imp lets you put both consoles down a single USB cable rather than having two.

Either you can give it a shot yourself or there are people who'll do it for a small fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I've been using http://www.gamingnow.net/diy-circuit-boards-c-81_83/assembled-chimp
    You'll have to solder about 20 points on the board, if you take your time its easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

And is there a danger i can break the stick doing the job?

If you do mess it up, I'll buy the wreckage from you!

But yeah, its a pretty serious job, especially if you haven't soldered before. If you want to run it from one usb cable then buy a chimp board on SRK.com. There are threads there on how to dual mod.

Other options are to buy a pcb that is already dual compatible (here) or put a ps1 pcb into the TE and use converters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah if you use a ps1 pcb you can do it without soldering, and use ps1 to 360 and ps1 to ps3 converters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

The ps1 pcb how does that work would it be perfect to use on the ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

The ps1 pcb how does that work would it be perfect to use on the ps3
    You can buy cheap (like, £5) Playstation -> USB adapters that let you use Playstation pads on the PC. The PS3 accepts PC gamepads as a controller so it lets you use a PS1 pad on the PS3, but it means you don't get a Home button.

They add a tiny bit of input lag but it's not hugely noticeable unless you get a bad one. You can generally look up guides on DDR websites for which the best ones are, as they were very commonly used back when DDR was huge and there was a big Stepmania community.

Actually, both terry and I avoided the cheap converters, and went for the better ones where input lag is negligible plus there is a home button too.

My ps1 to 360 one cost me 8 euro but the ps1 to ps3 one I got cost me 20. Thats the one with the home button, plus it shows what player number you are, comes with the 4 red lights on the converter that you get on a ps3 pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Vyze wrote: »
    You can buy cheap (like, £5) Playstation -> USB adapters that let you use Playstation pads on the PC. The PS3 accepts PC gamepads as a controller so it lets you use a PS1 pad on the PS3, but it means you don't get a Home button.

They add a tiny bit of input lag but it's not hugely noticeable unless you get a bad one. You can generally look up guides on DDR websites for which the best ones are, as they were very commonly used back when DDR was huge and there was a big Stepmania community.

Or you could get an InPin converter for PS3 which is the best one available and costs roughly €25.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That's cool, I didn't know you could make a TE be both PS3 and Xbox compliant.

Can't think of any reason to do it to my Xbox TE but it's still good to know.

Advertisement