Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Forum Beers - Letterkenny.

Options
  • 30-03-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

A Donegal Forum Beers has been tried a few times, and always fails, as location, venue and dates are very hard to agree on. The county is sooooo big that it is impossible to please everyone.

Rather than trying to arrange a meeting for everyone, I suggest we at least get the ball rolling by having a Beers in Letterkenny. It won't suit a whole pile of folks, and may result in no more than a solo session ( me :D ), but it's a start!

Anyone from the LYIT Forum can join in too.

I suggest meeting up in McGinleys, simply because most people know where it is, and it is a venue with a diverse age demographic, so us mature patrons don't feel harassed by the younsters! :rolleyes:

The date is up for discussion, but must be in April - anything further away gets forgotten - the sooner (after Easter), the better!

So, anyone going to join me for a pint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I see Saturday night last has whet your appetite :D

Good idea mrmac and Id be happy to join you in supping a pint (if you're buying ;)). Sometime in April would be good and Id imagine a Friday or Saturday night would probably be the best nights.

If we can get a bit of interest then we can nail down a date and time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

wouldn't mind dropping in myself, whats the story... do we wear disguises? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

lol! - you can if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Wouldent mind,anytime suits me,the joys of being a student :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Well come on now lads! Where is this beering? :D

I'm away to Dublin this weekend for some other Boards Forum beers but I'd be up for popping along.

As for disguises...I did see a dude dressed up as a woman in McGinleys about 2 weeks ago or so :pac:

• Advertisement

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    As for disguises...I did see a dude dressed up as a woman in McGinleys about 2 weeks ago or so :pac:
    Ah, that would have been mrmac :D

mrmac.jpg

muffler wrote: »

Ha!

Nope this dude was wearing something a little less revealing...plus had better boobs! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'm in :) any friday or saturday suits :) what about this friday coming the 16th? does that suit people?

or tonight or tomorrow :)

Well come on now lads! Where is this beering? :D

I'm away to Dublin this weekend for some other Boards Forum beers but I'd be up for popping along.

Are you sure that wasn't just you looking in a mirror again? You do have very manly features after all :P

muffler wrote: »

Jeez, I thought I got rid of all the evidence! You kept that pic for your "private" collection eh? :D

Sorry for not getting back to see how this is going, but I wasn't sure if I could make it myself, as I was away last weekend, and I'm away again this weekend! However, next weekend is all free, so the 16th sounds good to me!!!

So that's danniemcq and me, not so bad, stops me looking like an al-co! :D
    What time suits you Danny? 8pm onwards is fine for me. Upstairs at the bar? Boards opening line "Are you from the internetz?"

I wont get a chance before Sunday night, but I must check if there's a band on that night.

So to everyone else - the challenge has been set!
    Round one, venue one: McGinleys Bar, Friday 16th April, 8pm, Upstairs.
    Anyone who actually turns up to this beers, will have the right to choose the location (anywhere in Donegal), date & time, for the next beers. :cool:

Oh, and because none of us, currently, have a clue what anyone looks like - I will try to get there for exactly 8pm, and I'll bring a "Top Secret" identifying object, which I'll place on the bar/table:

110300.jpg

Looking forward to meeting one or two of ye. If you know of any other Boards "locals" who may not have heard about this, please let them know. I've sent a PM to the LYIT Forum Mods, asking them to let their group know about it.

EDIT: posted a link in the LYIT forum pointing to this thread. :)

mrmac.

• Advertisement

mrmac wrote: »
    Jeez, I thought I got rid of all the evidence! You kept that pic for your "private" collection eh? :D

Sorry for not getting back to see how this is going, but I wasn't sure if I could make it myself, as I was away last weekend, and I'm away again this weekend! However, next weekend is all free, so the 16th sounds good to me!!!

So that's danniemcq and me, not so bad, stops me looking like an al-co! :D
    What time suits you Danny? 8pm onwards is fine for me. Upstairs at the bar? Boards opening line "Are you from the internetz?"

I wont get a chance before Sunday night, but I must check if there's a band on that night.

So to everyone else - the challenge has been set!
    Round one, venue one: McGinleys Bar, Friday 16th April, 8pm, Upstairs.
    Anyone who actually turns up to this beers, will have the right to choose the location (anywhere in Donegal), date & time, for the next beers. :cool:

Oh, and because none of us, currently, have a clue what anyone looks like - I will try to get there for exactly 8pm, and I'll bring a "Top Secret" identifying object, which I'll place on the bar/table:

110300.jpg

Looking forward to meeting one or two of ye. If you know of any other Boards "locals" who may not have heard about this, please let them know. I've sent a PM to the LYIT Forum Mods, asking them to let their group know about it.

mrmac.

yeah the line about are you the guy from the internet has a habit of backfiring, Got a very strange look from a guy from derry while back! Curse the anonymity of the interweb, oh and in one of the galway beers a newbie was told to go to Stranos and ask for the guys on the internet. We were in the pub round the corner and Stranos as some people would know was/is the gay bar in galway! Sadly he didn’t know where it was and had to ask another friend who set him straight :( anyway I’ll have an appropriate geeky t-shirt and combats :) and I’ll see yas Friday at 8!

Love the sweetcorn though!

Good stuff. I'll do my best to be there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

A feck it i might as well come up to this for a hour or so, I doubt i will be beering though (unless i get hersolf conviced to drop/collect me, which is null chance:rolleyes:).....So i'll be the one comming on here on saturday morning telling all the stories:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

Will I provide the entertainment?

"You can shay baby, baby can I howld you tanhight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

**Suggestion alert**

Do Mc Ginleys have one of them Guinness self service tables upstairs? Be a good idea to all meet at that (not necessarlly use the taps just meet there) that way we cold be saved embarressment by asking some polish builder, sitting peacefull eating his sweetcorn enjoying a pint, is he from de internetz (then getting a black eye) ya never know we could be unlucky and McGinley start serving Green Giant sweetcorn instead of nuts that friday night.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

I shall hide in the clocktower across the road and spy on you and see you stumble down the steps of McGinleys in the early hours of the morning.

I will be recording.

I shall hide in the clocktower across the road and spy on you and see you stumble down the steps of McGinleys in the early hours of the morning.

I will be recording.
    Why not join us?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

I might come along as well if that's ok???

foggy wrote: »
    I might come along as well if that's ok???
    By all means, please do. The more the merrier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ill be there. hopefully :p its a good night, less student's around so should be great laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 lalalots

im sort of new, can i hop along?? :D

danniemcq wrote: »
    I'm in :) any friday or saturday suits :) what about this friday coming the 16th? does that suit people?

Trust YOU to pick the one night I'm not going to be in the county!!! :(
    danniemcq wrote: »
    Are you sure that wasn't just you looking in a mirror again? You do have very manly features after all :P

I'm a very handsome man I will have you know. :cool:

mrmac wrote: »
    so the 16th sounds good to me!!!

mrmac.

I'd love to be there and definitely would. But I'm in Dublin on Friday for me American Embassy interview and won't be back that night >.<

Oh well! Hope you guys and gals have a mighty night.
    I know one or two others on boards who might not see this thread so I'll tell them about it.

Was at the Nocturnal Forum beers in Dublin over the weekend.
    Boards Beers are AWESOME!!! :D
    ill be there. hopefully :p its a good night, less student's around so should be great laugh.

What you on about boy! Sure aint you a student too :p

lalalots wrote: »
    im sort of new, can i hop along?? :D
    Sure, no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I have something else planned for Friday but might be able to squeeze in an hour in Letterkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

What you on about boy! Sure aint you a student too :p

Mature much? :p

Mature much? :p

*Cough*Least I attended college today*Cough* :D

Did people find out if there is a band playing on Friday?

Not yet, but I'll make a point of dropping in there tonight to check. Damn it, but I just might have to have a few pints too! :)

There is a band playing on Friday, called The Bellies.
    The Bellies are one of Donegal’s most popular bands and have been for the past 3 years. They play well known classic rock songs. They are renowned for their brilliant guitar riffs. They play everything from Iron maiden and AC/DC to Guns N’ Roses.

Sounds good, might be bloody loud though! :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The Bellies are good, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Might drop in for a bit,should be staggering about the town that night anyway :p

Advertisement