Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland needs a Robin Hood

• 30-03-2010 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I didn't know this sub-forum existed - I like it. Coming from the US everything feels like a ripoff. I think it's safe to call the Revenue Commissioner the Sheriff of Nottingham.

http://www.jasonparmele.com/ireland-robin-hood

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Pimping at its best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 parmele

:)

On topic anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

parmele wrote: »

On topic anyway.

Ah sure were Irish!
    It's far easier to arrange a piss up than a protest!
    that article sure tells the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

parmele wrote: »

On topic anyway.

Not really. The blog article is full of inaccuracies. In the case of the iPod prices, Apple strictly control the price of all it's products, in all regions that they operate in. Nothing to do with Ireland, as Apple set the price they want. If you take the VAT/sales tax into account, Apple are charging an extra premium that cannot be accounted for with taxes. Price gouging by Apple has nothing to do with the revenue commissioners in Ireland.

As for the food, how much is a packet of Denny rashers in Ireland, and how much would you pay for it in New York? The price increase will go the other way. Quoting one example of Gatorade, where the price is the unit price in a shop here Vs the bulk cost in America, is misleading. If you were to buy in Ireland, from bulk retailers, then you'd pay less. I've never seen shops selling Gatorade by the crate here though. Even putting that aside, high prices charged by retailers has little to do with Revenue either, so again this is misleading at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bycikas

i would say irish people love to pay more so it's fine...
    I'm not Irish, tried to set up a business in Ireland, and even thought had professionals in the team from around the world and prices where lower hen any other operators (in that particular industry) the only thing i heard was "we don't want to see a f**** foreigner on our site" not from all potential clients of course, but from so many, that it seems its more important ho provides the service or product then the price :rolleyes: or maybe i was so unlucky to get on that type of people? :eek:

Anyways Ireland isn't sooooooo expensive :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Ireland needs a Robin Hood

We have Robbin banks, Robbin builders, Robbin government already
    Thats enough robin for me

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So Ireland needs a figure that will exist 800 years ago....now tell me how will that affect present day? ;)

Advertisement