Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

MW2 Maps are here but don't work (yet!)

• 30-03-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Only available to download for the past few minutes at a staggering 1200M$ points!!

BUT...
    Users may be unable to render the maps within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Map Pack.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,310 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

tbh I think everyone knew something would go wrong...They should have just got Treyarch to release the maps for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

jesus this is bad form id be well pissed if i had paid and downloaded the maps
    and then for them not to work.
    still dont no if ill buy these maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

€15 for three new maps is a staggering rip-off regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

12 euro m8 .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Shammy wrote: »
    12 euro m8 .

still at €12 for 3 new maps which are pretty much re-hashes of existing maps in a bit rich dont you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

12 euro m8 .

and if you want to buy a special 1200ms modern warfare 2 pack in smyths €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Double XP points as well for a week! ;)

IF I could get in and have a game....

Apparently we're waiting for XBL to do a title update, apparently THEY are working on it.

mailrewop wrote: »
    and if you want to buy a special 1200ms modern warfare 2 pack in smyths €15

12.99 in gamestop

miju wrote: »
    still at €12 for 3 new maps which are pretty much re-hashes of existing maps in a bit rich dont you think?

Yeah it is a bit steep, but myself and my m8's usually have a few beers on a friday or saturday night and hit mw2 , so we'll get value out of it.

Yeah it is a bit steep, but myself and my m8's usually have a few beers on a friday or saturday night and hit mw2 , so we'll get value out of it.

I don't like having to pay it BUT I will, it's the only game I've played since the day it came out.

Besides I buy my M$ points online and it's only costing me a little over a tenner, what's that? 2 drinks in my local? I'll get more use out of the maps.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

The price is a joke.

Didn't Halo maps packs come out for alot less than this I have memories of 600 and 800 MS Points and these contained alot more than 3 new maps and 2 old maps.
    And then after a few months they became free.

Its not like the game comes with many multiplayer maps anyway. I love playing this game on multiplayer, but the developers can kiss my hole if they think im going to be stung for another €12 the lazy turds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

12.99 in gamestop

Touché

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Crazy prices? No thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I've also been told that at this point some consoles can't get online at all because it is prompting for an update that won't download. :(

Edit - confirm that consoles even without the stimulus package are unable to connect now.

I've also been told that at this point some consoles can't get online at all because it is prompting for an update that won't download. :(

Edit - confirm that consoles even without the stimulus package are unable to connect now.

Correct , there is also an update nerfing the oma perk and getting local matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

Good, I thought it was just me. It looks like the update fucked up the whole shebang. Only 50,000 online right now, it's usually 10 times that.

It's fairly screwed alright :)

It's now back up in that you can download the update and go online but no joy finding a match.

PS3 seems unaffected mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,310 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's fairly screwed alright :)

It's now back up in that you can download the update and go online but no joy finding a match.

PS3 seems unaffected mind you.
    because they don't get the maps til next month...

btw anyone who cant download the update, decline the update when it asks you as you start up the game and go to the MW2 xbox live menu and it will tell you to sign in and ask you to update again, that one will work

Liam O wrote: »
    because they don't get the maps til next month...

That's probably a lot to do with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Can't say I'm one bit surprised. After all this is the same company that failed to do a beta test, released a game that is unbelievably flawed and too easy hack.
    This is an obvious indication that they will never fully fix the game, after all, they have learned that regardless of what crap they throw out, people are still willing to pay over the odds for more crap. If people just boycotted getting dlc for problem games , developers would have no choice but to pull their socks up and not release sub standard ****e. BUt as long as people keep shelling out their(parents) hard earned bucks, they will never learn. Prob won't be long before they're charging 2000 msp for the same packs.

Well to be honest, since picking up Bad Company 2, I've barely touched MW2 and actually found myself spending what little time I do with the Call of Duty series, on MW1 and the Nazi Zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

info about the problems today here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Well, there is no way I'm paying 1200 points for 3 new maps and 3 old ones.

It's a bit ridiculous.

Maybe this is a little pre-mature, but could the Call of Duty series have reached it's peak and be on the start of a downward spiral?

First there was the Infinity Ward trouble, and now this, DLC that is over-priced and doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Well, there is no way I'm paying 1200 points for 3 new maps and 3 old ones.

It's a bit ridiculous.

Maybe this is a little pre-mature, but could the Call of Duty series have reached it's peak and be on the start of a downward spiral?

First there was the Infinity Ward trouble, and now this, DLC that is over-priced and doesn't work.
    I think it peaked at Cod4; has gone downhill since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MW2 was just too broken for me to even attempt at buying the maps.

I bought the CoD4 Map Pack when it was 50% off and was greatly disappointed. No thanks IW.

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »

Actually going back to COD4 from MW2 is such a breath of fresh air. It's so much more balanced, the game isn't totally reliant on kill-streaks and all of the annoying arsehole kids have moved onto MW2 and there's a much more mature userbase now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »

Yeah, I was going to be mean and mention that as well.

I have both MW1 and MW2. MW2 just didn't fascinate me as much as the first, it was just too similiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Liam O wrote: »
    tbh I think everyone knew something would go wrong...They should have just got Treyarch to release the maps for them

They should have gotten Treyarch to do the whole game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

So is anybody else still having connection issues?? I tried a few times tonight to join some matches. First it hardly pairs me up with any lobbies. Then a a few occasions it was extremely laggy and kicked me off Live. Really annoying.

Any suggestions on the cause? Or is it just me?

Advertisement