Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Address caller ID

Options
  • 30-03-2010 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for a Landline phone question, but couldn't find anywhere else!

At work, I often have to call out my email address to people on the phone. It can be quite tedious at times, calling out letters, saying "J" for "Jam" etc..
    Is it possible to "attach" an email address to your caller ID? So that when you ring someone, they see your email address on the telephone screen as well as your number?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,239 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Haven't heard of it, best thing to do would be get them to call out there email and you just bounce them on an email, that way you've got there email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Would go with monkey's suggestion. Get their email and send them one. You could also add yourself up as a business card in your phone and send it through to them after the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

Haven't heard of it, best thing to do would be get them to call out there email and you just bounce them on an email, that way you've got there email.

But doesn't that just create the same problem for them.....

I mean, this is not a major issue, but I just find the process of calling out email addresses over the phone tedious and prone to mistakes. Sometimes I take other people's email addresses but am in a rush and take it down wrong.. I know I just shouldn't do that, but it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You want to learn this off by heart :D

centre_alphabet.gif

You could also send a text as a lot of landlines can do this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

Davy wrote: »
    You want to learn this off by heart :D

centre_alphabet.gif

You could also send a text as a lot of landlines can do this now.

Yeah, cheers! I'm always trying to think of words, and curse words always come into my head first!

I will keep making enquiries about the CALLER ID thing, it seems like somehting that would be easy to set up, and would be very handy

• Advertisement
Advertisement