Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business UL

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 manutd121

hey im just wondering does your results in 1st year contrubute 2 your degree. I just started this year and we have not been informed on this so i am jst wondern what years results make up your over all degree!thanks for any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

No QCA is wiped after first year so lodge it up first year !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 manutd121

o rit cheers so its just 2nd 3rd and 4th year that count is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

manutd121 wrote: »
    o rit cheers so its just 2nd 3rd and 4th year that count is it?

If you don't want a decent co-op job............ yeah. Hope you like being bored off your arse for 8 hours a day making coffee!!!

Also, stop using text language (speak), your a big boy/girl now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What are accounting and economics day labs about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

ryanf1 wrote: »
    What are accounting and economics day labs about?

The accounting labs are there just to give you time in the week to work on your assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Does anyone have the times and days of tutorials and labs I can't find them anywhere?

Could you please post them?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

http://www.timetable.ul.ie/tt1.asp\

that os the link to th full timetable just put your id no in the boxand click the submit button and it will give you your time table

Thanks. 4 nine o'clock starts now unfortunately. Not too happy with my time table anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

I have an unsuperised economics lab at 5pm on a Friday..Is this worth attending??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

galwayu wrote: »
    I have an unsuperised economics lab at 5pm on a Friday..Is this worth attending??:confused:

If it's unsupervised then no. From what I remember the only labs that I had to attend in 1st year was the Business Information Management ones as they counted towards your final grade and got you to do stuff like create blogs etc. the others I think are just reserved times for you to use the computer rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Risteard wrote: »
    If it's unsupervised then no. From what I remember the only labs that I had to attend in 1st year was the Business Information Management ones as they counted towards your final grade and got you to do stuff like create blogs etc. the others I think are just reserved times for you to use the computer rooms.

What he said.

That means I finish at 1pm on Friday if I dont have to go to those Labs

Another question about accounting case study: If you dont do it in excel do you get any credit for the first 3 sections?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Another question about accounting case study: If you dont do it in excel do you get any credit for the first 3 sections?

I don't think so, you'll just be marked on the part you submit.

I'd recommend doing it tbh. It's an easy 10% if you go to the excel labs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd be much obliged if any firstie business-er could give me the course texts and book prices for the following modules;

Microeconomics
    Principles of Accounting

Cheers!

cson wrote: »
    I'd be much obliged if any firstie business-er could give me the course texts and book prices for the following modules;

Microeconomics
    Principles of Accounting

Cheers!
    Microeconomics+ Microeconomics by Mankiw and Taylor €45
    Accounting+ In introduction to financial accounting by Thomas and ward € 52. I THINK this may be available 2nd hand in the SU.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Hey CSON,

I have both of those books in immaculate condition if your looking to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

neo2010 wrote: »
    Hey CSON,

I have both of those books in immaculate condition if your looking to buy.

Unfortunately for both of us, so have I!

Ah the naivety of first year... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

Can anyone give me advice on whether or not to do the accounting casestudyin excel or not??What are other 1st years doing??:confused:

• Advertisement

Can anyone give me advice on whether or not to do the accounting casestudyin excel or not??What are other 1st years doing??:confused:

Do it, Do it, Do it. It's very simple. Plus you'll learn how to excel. It's a no brainer really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Hi, im a first year too. I plan on doing it in excel but I havent went to any of the excel labs yet so hopefully ill do it on my own if thats possible

I keep changing my mind as what to do. Part of me thinks its going to be hard enough without doing it in excel.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

The project is time consuming to get your head around, especially if you haven't done LC Accounting.

You are going to have another module later on (BIM2) where you are going to have to cover using excel anyway so there's no harm in doing the project in excel in the first place. Plus, going to the excel tutorials should give you more of an opportunity to get help going the project I assume.

(When I did the project 3 years ago I didn't do it in excel)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Do it using excel, it is beneficial for the future and the level will not be to a high degree.

Think of it as an investment :)

Hi, im a first year too. I plan on doing it in excel but I havent went to any of the excel labs yet so hopefully ill do it on my own if thats possible

I didn't go to a lab till Week 5/6 IIRC.

They do 'catchup' labs for people who didn't attend earlier labs. You pick up on what goes on very quickly.

Anyone know who the dean of faculty is? I am trying to switch from business studies to law and accounting so is it the same dean of faculty I have to get the signature off?

I can no longer take how boring communications and management is. It's rediculous, has anyone been in the communications lectures? Poor lecturer can't even finish his lectures these days.

Anyone know how hard it will be for me to catch up on 7 weeks of law if I manage to get the transfer?

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Anyone know who the dean of faculty is? I am trying to switch from business studies to law and accounting so is it the same dean of faculty I have to get the signature off?

Donal Dineen is the dean of the Kemmy Business School. Antoinette Flynn is the programme director for the Law and Accounting course

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Donal Dineen is the dean of the Kemmy Business School. Antoinette Flynn is the programme director for the Law and Accounting course

Cheers you wouldn't happen to know office hours for donal dineen?

• Advertisement

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Cheers you wouldn't happen to know office hours for donal dineen?

If you want to have a meeting with him I think you'll need to book a time with Mary Humphreys.

Advertisement