Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Cast

Options
  • 30-03-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

As the title says this thread is about your dream cast. Since I started the thread I'll go first. (Be warned, this is a subject I've given a lot of thought to so this post might end up a bit long)

I would love to see Stephen Fry as the Doctor, I think he would be brilliant, well as long as it wasn't Stephen Fry playing Stephen Fry because I think he has a lot more acting range than that and I hate when he gets type-cast into characters similar to himself. I think he'd make a very good tortured Doctor and he has an an element of Classic Who about him which could be interesting

Another actor I'd quite like as the Doctor (although everyone else on the internet seems to want him as the Master) is Bill Bailey. He would be more of a comedic Doctor but I think Bill Bailey would handle a serious role quite well also (he had a semi-serious role in Skins but it lasted for one episode so it was hard to judge his ability). He'd be a bit of a slapstick Doctor I guess but if handled well it could work well.

Now the Master. If he reappears again (and you know he will) it might not be as John Simms (a lot of fans didn't like him and although we didn't see a regeneration the general is consensus he died) so a brand new Master is in order. I can't remember what brought the idea into my head but ever since I've thought it was amazing; Dylan Moran as the Master (although the majority of Who fans seem to want him as the Doctor). Again a largely comedic actor (well he is a comedian) but I think he would be brilliant as the Master and would play dark amazingly well while still adding a little campiness now and then if needed. Also I think Moran's unique humour would suit the Master very well. there's a lot of other things about Dylan Moran that I think would make him the perfect Master (for me anyway) but I'm started to waffle now so I'll shut up.

As for companions, I don't really have anyone in mind. Someone who's not young, female and in love with the Doctor?

Okay so now that I've bored you by over-explaining my dream cast, who's yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

LOL @ Moran as the Master. I can see where you are coming from but I wouldn't be able to shake his black books persona from my mental image easily..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Gambler wrote: »
    LOL @ Moran as the Master. I can see where you are coming from but I wouldn't be able to shake his black books persona from my mental image easily..

Well Bernard Black as the Master would be quite interesting. lol I wouldn't want him and Bill Bailey on the show together (not that they'l probably be on it individually either) though cos it'd probably just become Black Books in space which probably isn't as good as it sounds. =P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭nucking futs

Here's my dream cast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Haha completely forgot about that. I quite liked his version of the theme. Maybe he could take over from Murray Gold...

• Advertisement
Advertisement