Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - triple crank/chainset

• 30-03-2010 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi ..

Looking for a triple crank or chainset ... 105 or better preferred. Will also consider with poor chainrings if the price is right. Hollowtech ii preferred.

The plan is to either use as a triple if the chainrings are good ... or replace the middle and small with 46/32 and use as a double if just getting cranks or chainset with bad chainrings

SC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Hi ..

Looking for a triple crank or chainset ... 105 or better preferred. Will also consider with poor chainrings if the price is right. Hollowtech ii preferred.

The plan is to either use as a triple if the chainrings are good ... or replace the middle and small with 46/32 and use as a double if just getting cranks or chainset with bad chainrings

SC
    I have a 175mm Ultegra triple, looking for €45. Middle 39T chainring needs replacement (£20 on CRC.) 30T is perfect. Large 52T is worn but has some life in it. Thread on the wear here.

th_chainrings_1.jpg th_chainrings_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

Interested allright .. bearing in mind the CRC price on the other thread and the replacement for the middle ring ... would you by any chance consider 50euro in all for the chainset, the rack for which I still haven't paid you .. :o and the rear light holder thingy ...

Is that fair ... not sure .. let me know.

I don't think I'd do it for 35, no. €45 is what I paid for it, I also went and bought the BB so if I didn't get 45 I will make use of it.

What size do you need? CRC don't have 175mm on sale, that is part of the issue. If were interested in 170 or 172.5 I would consider buying the CRC £80 crank, keeping the rings myself and selling the crank bit off cheaply- but I don't know that would make any sense for you either.

I have used 175 and currently on 172.5 ...

Having said that can I mull overnight while still calling first dibs on the chainset .. I will let you know tomorrow.

By the way, sent you a text .. leaving work just after 5 .. do you want to meet up and I can pay you for the rack and the light mount

I have used 175 and currently on 172.5 ...

Having said that can I mull overnight while still calling first dibs on the chainset .. I will let you know tomorrow.

By the way, sent you a text .. leaving work just after 5 .. do you want to meet up and I can pay you for the rack and the light mount
    My phone is out right now, I am leaving work at 5 myself today, I can head in the direction of your work with the light mount presuming you are still in the same place?

• Advertisement

PM sent with my mobile. Call me before you leave work.

Advertisement