Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Examiner

Options
  • 30-03-2010 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

So I just looked up my French Oral examiner on Rate My Teachers, seems she's sound, all good things written, woohoo! :) Was kind of dreading a grumpy examiner :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Aw damn I don't know what's my examiner's name! All I know is that he is a man <__<.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wouldn't take 'rate my teachers' as any sort of recommendation or otherwise. There's nothing to stop a teacher filling in ratings themselves, or an anonymous disgruntled student who likes to blame all their woes on someone else from saying bad things about every teacher they ever had.

The point of the orals is to try and get you to show how well you can do. They always try to get you relaxed. There are very few examiners who are 'grumpy' as grumpy doesn't generally lead to you being relaxed enough to do yourself justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JESCANDYMAN

any tips for french oral - doin honours?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I have the name of my Irish examiner but I cant find her on Rate My Teacher.. it would help if I knew what school she was coming from I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Guys, it doesn't matter who your examiner is or what you know about him/her. This person is not teaching you, s/he is examining you, according to a strict set of criteria, so it doesn't matter about personality, they are merely tools of the SEC!

Your time would be far more productively spent actually studying for the exam:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Rate my teachers site is stupid. The examiner maybe sound but at the end of the day she has to ask you the same questions. Don't going in thinking just because she appears to be sound, she will go easy on you.

To comment on Spurious said, I modded on rate my teachers for over a year and there is no reason why the examiner wouldn't be able to go on rate my teachers and give herself a good reputation because once the posts conform to the rules then they have to be put on to the teacher's page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

lol. I totally forgot that there's such a site. :pac: I didn't know people still go on that site to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I haven't gone on it since I resigned as my school's mod, which is a few years ago

Advertisement