Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find a tree nursery in/near Dublin north?

Options
  • 30-03-2010 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of questions: Firstly, as per the thread title, I need to find a tree nursery as I want to buy a couple of trees with a bit of growth already on them. Of course I'd be prepared to travel but if there is somewhere local to me that I'm unaware of that'd be ideal.

Now on to the actual trees themselves: What I'm wondering is, do the trees I'm looking for come in miniture versions? I want a spruce tree, the classic Christmas tree style, but I need something that isnt going to end up thirty foot in the air! The same goes for the weeping willow I'd love as a centrepiece to the garden - do they all grow to the same enormous size or are there smaller varieties?

It's quite a large garden so I do have a bit of room if they get a little bigger than the 14/16ft which would be ideal, but no thirty footers please!

This is only my second season in my new home and I am a very inexperienced gardener. I have all the rose bushes down, the decking done, the lawn laid and a couple of lovely cherry blossoms, a lilac tree, a maple and these two trees are all I need now to finish the whole thing off, but I just cant afford to go crazy size-wise. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. (Oh by the way I bought the other trees as very young saplings but would prefer to get ones a little older this time)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Lissenhall nurserys on the Donabate roundabout has alot of good trees,very friendly and loads of advice too.

Advertisement