Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Porsche Testing in Sligo

• 30-03-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

I've seen two 911 type test mules around Sligo in the last few days. Always while driving so no pictures :rolleyes:. German plates on them. Anyone else see them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

no, not these particular ones ...yet.
    But Porsche are always testing around here, probably due to our loverly bumpy and bendy roads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Havent seen them but they tested 911 & cayman before around north mayo, usually with a vw van in tow.
    It has to be said that porsche cars really can handle the poor roads we have. They seem to have quite a supple suspension while still being unreal handling wise. Makes you wonder about some of the crap from audi & bmw, the suspension being so hard on any model that even looks sporty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Theanswers

Ya,
    I seen them... Black if I remember correctly, Driving through Rathcormac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

mickdw wrote: »
    Havent seen them but they tested 911 & cayman before around north mayo, usually with a vw van in tow.
    It has to be said that porsche cars really can handle the poor roads we have. They seem to have quite a supple suspension while still being unreal handling wise. Makes you wonder about some of the crap from audi & bmw, the suspension being so hard on any model that even looks sporty
    Funny you should mention that, but saw an article recently mentioning that and how Audi can manage to have the R8 supple over bumps yet fantastic at speed, and at the other end have an A4 rough as crap over bumps and not spectacular through the bends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mickdw wrote: »
    Makes you wonder about some of the crap from audi & bmw, the suspension being so hard on any model that even looks sporty
    Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that, but saw an article recently mentioning that and how Audi can manage to have the R8 supple over bumps yet fantastic at speed, and at the other end have an A4 rough as crap over bumps and not spectacular through the bends.
    My guess is that the average S-Line/MPack punter wants the car to look sporty and feel sporty at modest speeds, period. It doesn't seem to have sunk in for a lot of Irish people that on roughish back-roads supple=fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Yeah, they were testing the Panamera in Sligo too IIRC? I think it's kind of cool that they come here but would imagine that the test drivers would be pretty dissapointed when they're told that they're going to Sligo and not California or Saudi Arabia :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    would imagine that the test drivers would be pretty dissapointed when they're told that they're going to Sligo and not California or Saudi Arabia :P

That depends if they're Germans they'll be keen for a few beers in the evening and I'd take Sligo over Saudi for that any day.

Paddy

Advertisement