Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm back!

• 30-03-2010 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Although not many might remember me... it's been at least 3 years. Reason for my absense was because I left my EOS 350D and all accessories in the Dart on the way to the airport.

Anyways.... finally... nearly 3 years later I replaced my loss and can pick up photography again.

My new kit:
    Canon EOS 50D (I was tempted by the features of the 550D, but wanted to move a step up the ladder from entry level)

Canon EF-S 17-85mm USM-IS f4.0-5.6
    Canon EF 70-300MM F/4-5.6 IS USM

I'll probably get a new f/1.8 50mm prime as well and still on my wish list is the Sigma 10-20mm, but that'll have to wait a bit.

Anyways, it's good to be back, I have good memories of the boardsie meets and all the great people on the boards here.

Can't wait to try out my new kit and post a few shots.

-Dimy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I take it you hitchhike now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Welcome back, good to see the camera replaced too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Long time!!

Hope you're well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dimy

Good to see some of the old core is still here :)

And yes...it's been a long time indeed! I wanted to buy a new camera the moment I lost it but got married and had some other priorities ;-)

Oh, I have moved back to Holland as of April last year, but am still missing Dublin every day... after all it was my home for nearly 6 years. Holland is only a temporary move though, me and my wife will immigrate to Brasil later this year (technically I'm the one immigrating, she's moving back home).

Expect some new shots from me soon!

P.S. Anybody here has hands-on experience with the 50D and the lenses described above? And was it a good choice to go for the 50D instead of 550D? I read that the AF on the 50D isn't very good.... Should I have waited for the 50D's successor that might show up soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Dimy wrote: »
    P.S. Anybody here has hands-on experience with the 50D and the lenses described above? And was it a good choice to go for the 50D instead of 550D? I read that the AF on the 50D isn't very good.... Should I have waited for the 50D's successor that might show up soon?

There is an awful lot of bullsh1t written about the 50D, mainly by paople who don't have it/don't know anything. You will see a huge step up from the 350D and enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

welcome back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Glad you got the camera sorted.

Now start taking some pics ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Oh man, cool to see you back. Have fun with the 50D - anyone I know who bought it likes it so rock with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I still think about you every time I get off a train with my camera. Welcome back :)

sineadw wrote: »
    I still think about you every time I get off a train with my camera. Welcome back :)

:D lol at least my misfortune served a greater purpose, that's good to know :P

I can't wait to give the new kit a try, I had it delivered at my parents address and won't be able to collect it until friday... I'm counting the nights sleep like a little kid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Hey!!! One of the original Trim photowalkers. Brilliant to see you snapping again Dimy. Here you are, all those long years ago!!!:

141569628_4708227251_o.jpg

a%3E

You haven't changed a bit ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

ah yeah! the rather large distorted elongated Dimy :)

284523553_a8c03b5bf2.jpg

welcome back!

BTW I have an EOS 50 D and it's great :) don't have any of those lens tho.

Ahh... Trim, can't believe that was nearly 4 years ago! And this was the shot I made when you capped me Valentia:

160199072_69a12660ab.jpg

And that fish-eye one... very disturbing :) That's from the Donadea Forest Park meet... good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Dimy wrote: »
    Reason for my absense was because I left my EOS 350D and all accessories in the Dart on the way to the airport.

Oww :(
    Sorry to hear!

My new toys...

dsc00390p.jpg

Canon EOS 50D
    Canon EF-S 17-85mm f4.0-5.6 IS USM
    Canon EF 70-300mm f4.0-5.6 IS USM

Finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

welcome back... but could you provide us all with the secret of how you got to the airport on the Dart ... :p;):rolleyes: ... thanks :D

Covey wrote: »
    welcome back... but could you provide us all with the secret of how you got to the airport on the Dart ... :p;):rolleyes: ... thanks :D

I never said I went to the airport by DART, I said I was on my way to the airport... that's a different thing :)

The DART just took me from Blackrock to Tara Street, from there I took a bus to the Airport (after I reported my camera as lost). I took my suitcase from the DART but forgot my backpack with my camera and lenses in it.

This was before the Patton Flyer coach was driving a direct route from Blackrock to the airport.

Advertisement