Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blanchardstown

Options
  • 30-03-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

anyone else having to wait on licence renewal from blanchardstown? 7 to 8 weeks waiting now. f/o said he'd check it out but hmmmm:rolleyes:

also waiting 2 to 3 weeks a new application too. mate of mine handed his into finglas a week and a half ago and has had the letters back already, which by the way state that they were processed in blanchardstown:eek::eek:

anyone else waiting this long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Don't panic, many of us on here are waiting 6-8 months already.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

jesus that long?:eek:

cant understand how my mates was processed in blanchardstown after a week and half. and it wasn't even handed in there. . . ?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

it might depend on what the licence is for , is it a restricted firearm ? i had all mine back except the ones for the pistols reasonably quickly , and am still waiting for one after 5 months .

no its a standard o/u shotgun licence,

the second is a new application for a cz .22??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

5 months for a substitution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Traumadoc wrote: »
    5 months for a substitution.

Should be no longer than 2wks for sub iv heard, id be getting on to my F.O. Is it a straight change like for like ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'd be all over that like a rash Traumadoc. The rules for substitutions are max. 14 working day turnaround. Including posting, etc you should have had it back within 3 weeks.

Did you substitute a new license for another new license or did you substitute your old one/extension for a new one in the one application?

If its the latter then they may be taking so long to process the application and subtitution as one, but if its a new license for a new license then there is no excuse.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

IRONY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

speaking of subs, my mate has a 22lr and was saying he was going subbing it for a 223 surely its not like for like, must find out how he got on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

jap gt wrote: »
    speaking of subs, my mate has a 22lr and was saying he was going subbing it for a 223 surely its not like for like, must find out how he got on

I changed from a .17 to .223 without any questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

ezridax wrote: »
    I'd be all over that like a rash Traumadoc. The rules for substitutions are max. 14 working day turnaround. Including posting, etc you should have had it back within 3 weeks.

Did you substitute a new license for another new license or did you substitute your old one/extension for a new one in the one application?

If its the latter then they may be taking so long to process the application and subtitution as one, but if its a new license for a new license then there is no excuse.

New for new, same caliber .... its for a BA I handed in my SA at the gunshop -I have called a few times - It is up at the supers desk apparently.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You have already been approved/passed/deemed fit to possess the firearm so a substitution is just changing the model. Seriously, not telling you your business, but get onto any NGB you are affiliated to or call the FPU and tell them what is going on.

I'll leave it up to Jeff to explain my sentiments on the matter..........
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

panic stations over, got it in the post this morning. . . hope the other one is b it quicker. . . .:rolleyes:

Advertisement