Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new phone...sturdy, long-lasting

Options
  • 30-03-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

I'm looking for a phone that will last forever, maybe a Sony phone with a half-decent camera, bluetooth...no bells and whistles and costing no more than 100€. I'm on o2 pre-paid. Would prefer something sturdy and long last-lasting.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 00bri

The Nokia 3310 is probably one of the sturdiest phone's ever made. The stuff I've put that phone through, and seen other's phones go through, is astounding. Very low tech though... I suppose we sacrifice durability for enhancements.

Talking about modern phones though, I've seen so many phones break that I couldn't begin to recommend a manufacturer or model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Well for a sony on o2 for less than €100, your best option is probably this: http://www.o2online.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2ProductDisplayView?storeId=10001&langId=-1&enableAddToCartBtn=true&catalogId=10001&phoneId=135504&flowType=S&productId=135504&newFlag=&partNumber=35681303&wcmArea=

Phones aren't built to last, its mostly cheap plastic now. I will agree that the 3310 is a study phone, but its functions are zilch. If you look after the phone it will last!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

I'm sorry to interfere but I'm desperate for bit of advice regarding new phone as I want one thats great for social networking, emails (preferably with WiFi) and texting. Don't know whether I'd want touch phone or not.

Sorry again though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

What about a second hand 6310i, now those were built to last and it has bluetooth.

Nokia%25206310i%2520Black.jpg

Ha still loads of them for sale on ebay
    Although no camera. hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

I'd like a modern phone. I remember those old nokias were great but a bit clunky. I'd probably like to stay away from the new nokias though. What's the alternative? Is sony the best bet or wha'?

Beno wrote: »
    What about a second hand 6310i, now those were built to last and it has bluetooth.

Nokia%25206310i%2520Black.jpg

Ha still loads of them for sale on ebay
    Although no camera. hmm

I have to admit this was a classic. I'd like a phone with a camera though, no interest in using the internet on my phone.

If your phone has wifi, can you access the internet for free in wifi hotspots? Can anyone suggest a durable phone with wifi for around about 100€?

Seems to be alot of useless features on modern phones

Advertisement