Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Address caller ID

• 30-03-2010 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for a Landline phone question, but couldn't find anywhere else!

At work, I often have to call out my email address to people on the phone. It can be quite tedious at times, calling out letters, saying "J" for "Jam" etc..
    Is it possible to "attach" an email address to your caller ID? So that when you ring someone, they see your email address on the telephone screen as well as your number?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

No. You probably could for others in your office / company but not for any phone in the world.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No you can't attach your e-mail addy or any other data to your caller ID, if you have a problem giving out your e-mail address pick a easier to remember address :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

paulm17781 wrote: »
    No. You probably could for others in your office / company but not for any phone in the world.

Thanks. Is this fundamentally impossible though? I mean, the only difficulty I can see is that you may have multiple people using the same line, with multiple email addresses. But surely it's possible if phone companies just tweaked something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

gavney1 wrote: »
    Thanks. Is this fundamentally impossible though? I mean, the only difficulty I can see is that you may have multiple people using the same line, with multiple email addresses. But surely it's possible if phone companies just tweaked something?

No, phone lines don't work that way. Maybe one day they will but not now. Too long for me to explain but it is not possible on the phone network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

gavney1 wrote: »
    At work, I often have to call out my email address to people on the phone. It can be quite tedious at times, calling out letters, saying "J" for "Jam" etc..

Best not to use "Jam", people might mistake you for "dam" or something. We use the radio alphabet at work when it comes to email addresses :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement