Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced Dublin Bass Player available for the summer

Options
  • 30-03-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭

Living in South Dublin, been playing since I was about 15. I'm 24 now. Played with the band Jack of Speed for about 5 years, but we split up last March as band members wanted to go travelling etc.

Anyways, I've barely picked up my bass since and I'm itching to get back on stage really. I've spent the last 2 years in University having gone back to get myself a decent qualification, and I've accepted a job that starts in September. My exams finish in May and I've only got a research project to do over the summer so would love to get out there and play a few gigs. My job in September however is a lot of work and the overtime can be fierce so I don't want to commit myself to anything past the summer, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

Influences are: Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Electric Six, Them Crooked Vultures, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters (their older stuff), Kings of Leon, Guns n Roses, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Eat World, Rammstein etc.

I'm not really into metal, but am happy enough playing any other kind of rock music. Preferably originals, don't mind doing a mix of originals/covers. I guess I'm looking for a band who's bass player is away for the summer (happened plenty of times to my previous band, I'm guessing it's not uncommon), or just a band searching for a bass player that don't mind a temporary solution. Would like to join an established band as I'd like to start gigging soon enough, as I don't have that much time.

I own fairly decent gear, have access to a car but don't own one. Also have plenty of gigging and recording experience. I don't really sing, but can play piano and I have a decent stage piano I could play if needs be (would prefer to just play bass though). So if anyone is interested just give me a shout.

If you want to hear me play you should probably go to the Jack of Speed myspace page linked above and listen to the song Paperframe. You can't really hear the bass as well on any of the other tracks.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

thats a pity man... JOS were pretty good. remember doin a gig with you guys in o'connell street there last year and it was ****in freezin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 raggedysoul

Hey, maybe you could have a listen to www.myspace.com/raggedysouls
    We are looking for a bass player at the moment. Thanks. RS

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

www.myspace.com/wetworkersunion. it's old stuff and we are getting a bit rockier. Rehearsing this friday at 10 a.m to about 2 p.m in muzzle in chapelizod if you are interested. All the lads are from Rathfarnham except me i'm from Laois

Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kevmck

checked out your myspace, really nice tunes very interesting. if royal with cheese those not get back to you id be interested in meeting up for a jam or an interview type thing. I have been playing bass since i was 16, im 26 now. i played in verious bands around the city. my influences would be over a wide range of styles( fela kuti, james brown, ian brown, the smiths,daft punk etc.) any thing with a good groove and feel really. living in south dublin at the moment so if i sound suitable you can email me at kevmcknight@gmail.com

cheers good luck with the search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll check them out when I get some time.

raggedysoul - thanks for the interest but I read your other thread and you sound like you're looking for someone fairly committed and I don't think that's me right now. Good luck with the search anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Bump.

Might have been a bit early putting this up originally, but I'm able to start playing from the middle of next week. Anyone looking for a bass player?

Advertisement