Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

download from jvc video camera

• 30-03-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

newbie dopey question probably but:

I bought a jvc harddrive video camera about 2 years ago. I did not come with a software installation dvd and i never figured out how to upload video data from it to a mac or pc.

is there some failsafe way to do this? any freeware anyone can recommend?

tks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Do you know what format the filmed material is being saved in?

If there is an internal harddrive in the camera, under Vista and Win7 they might be able to actually see the drive and its up to you then just to move/copy across with an appropiate cable between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭justo

Biggins wrote: »
    Do you know what format the filmed material is being saved in?

If there is an internal harddrive in the camera, under Vista and Win7 they might be able to actually see the drive and its up to you then just to move/copy across with an appropiate cable between them.

slick. i'll look into the file format when i have the camera in front of me. my recollection is that when i connected it to the pc it just froze and did not bring up any icons on the desktop or any any drive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

justo wrote: »
    slick. i'll look into the file format when i have the camera in front of me. my recollection is that when i connected it to the pc it just froze and did not bring up any icons on the desktop or any any drive.
    Once you connect up the camera to the pc via the cable, eventually within a minute or two there should be an extra icon in the "My Computer" section for the device.

What operating system are you using?
    What make is the camera? (it might be very possible to go to the manufactures site and download any additional drivers needed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭justo

Biggins wrote: »
    Once you connect up the camera to the pc via the cable, eventually within a minute or two there should be an extra icon in the "My Computer" section for the device.

What operating system are you using?
    What make is the camera? (it might be very possible to go to the manufactures site and download any additional drivers needed.)

I'm using windows 2007 on a pc. The video is JVC. I'll look up their site now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

JVC Everio? Just plug it in and it will show as an external drive, copy the .MOD files on to your PC. You'll also need a video editor that can handle .MOD files.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

have a look on the JVC website too, manufacturers usually put software for thier products on thier support pages

Advertisement