Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Galway Omniplex- What should Change? What's good?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dewycol

Both cinemas would be better for everyone if people would try to stay in their seats, keep quiet, turn their phones off and don't throw their leftovers around like confetti. People, particularly teenagers these days just don't have any consideration for others in the cinema any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I'm thinking the place isn't cleaned during the day because they're not rostering enough staff in order to save money. The box office doesn't open until the evening anymore - maybe it's open during the day at weekends; it's been a while since I went to an early show at a weekend as I don't enjoy having to go ten rounds with kids running wild and overexcited teens. From what I hear, the situation at the Oranmore omniplex is worse with one or two people on duty who have to run the entire place.

Cinemas rely on concession sales to really make a profit. It's a bit of a vicious circle if cinema munchies are so expensive that people prefer to try and bring in their own. That's probably why they don't let people bring in backpacks anymore. You could be trying to smuggle in grub!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Mr Keek wrote: »
    Get rid of that bloody "lets go out to the lobby" advert at the start of every flick.

Does my head in!

This for sure. And that Unlimited card wouldn't hurt either.

I like the Omniplex better than the Eye for some reason. Maybe because they allow me to bring my bag and that have Coca Cola. I do like that there's a bar in the Eye though and that you could always go to the Huntsman for a drink after.
    What I do have to say is that when I saw Sherlock Holmes, the film was out of focus, which they did nothing about even though I went out and told them about it twice. Room for improvement there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

i prefer the eye over the omniplex there's a nicer atmosphere in there when you are watching a movie not as many people walking around and on phones and stuff. a bigger difference between a student ticket and a normal ticket i know there is the Tuesday before 8 offer but seriously 50c is not a discount. the 3d in there is very dark and snacks are to expensive and bring back the butter popcorn!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

snubbleste wrote: »
    When is mid-term break over?
    2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

galwayrush wrote: »
    It's an amazing cinema experience for those old enough to remember going to the Town Hall back in the day, it made the Claddagh Palace seem like paradise at the time, as for the old Savoy , now that is going back.

Queuing in the rain outside the Claddagh Palace listening to Terry
    singing that song about South Australia........or going back further
    to the Town Hall looking up at the projector beam through a thick haze
    of cigarette smoke, a rank smell and sticky carpets with none of the original pattern visible and drunk people throwing papers and cigarette boxes out over the balcony on the people below. A unique cinema experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hollow_cost

Must say though the difference in the staff is huge.
    Customer service and the friendliness of staff in the omniplex far exceeds that of the eye.
    like which would you prefer? being served by somebody who knows what they are at and are happy in their job or no "sticky floors"..come on people priorities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

Hollow Cost: "Customer service and the friendliness of staff in the omniplex far exceeds that of the eye.
    like which would you prefer? being served by somebody who knows what they are at and are happy in their job or no "sticky floors"..come on people priorities"
    (sorry, can't figure out the "quote" thing)

If the staff knew what they were at, then there wouldn't be sticky floors, as part of their job would be to clean them!

I like the eye cinema. It's so much quieter than the Omniplex.
    Shame they don't make more of the little bar upstairs - if they removed some of the cardboard cut outs it might have half a view from upstairs, and if the price of the bottle of beer was brought down a little, and a slightly larger choice of drink on offer, then we might have a pre-drink there rather than in the Huntsman across the road.
    But overall, a much nicer cinema experience than either of the Omniplexes. (Omniplexi? Omniplexum?)
    The cheapskate in me doesn't like paying the extra €2 for parking at the Oranmore Omniplex, and the one in town is always full of people on their mobile phones all through the movies.
    And to everyone who munches their way through a film - PLEASE close your mouths when you are stuffing them full of smelly,crunchy nachos/popcorn - i don't want to hear you chewing/rustling/munching!
    (In fact, what I really want is a private cinema...:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Must say though the difference in the staff is huge.
    Customer service and the friendliness of staff in the omniplex far exceeds that of the eye.
    like which would you prefer? being served by somebody who knows what they are at and are happy in their job or no "sticky floors"..come on people priorities

I heard the floors are only sticky 'cause a large bottle of "shill" got spilled on them.

Advertisement