Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19th Century Belgium

Options
  • 30-03-2010 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Dear All,
    I am interested in what similarities may have existed between Belgium around the 1880's and Ireland of the 1920's-1960's influenced as it was by Dev. Were there any noticeable similarities, such as policies of isolationism?
    Any and all help is appreciated, especially if external links/references can be provided.
    Best,
    Winston.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭WinstonSmith

Why?

I don't see how it matters, but I am writing a paper about something and I want to know if it is worth my while researching something that has possibly no relevance to the topic I'm writing about at all. Do you know anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

It matters cause we don't allow homework threads here. I know many things, not so much about Belgium though. Anyways I'll be locking this now. fwiw it really wouldn't be that hard for you to pick a general history of Belgium off the shelf and read the chapter on the period in question for an hour and then make your own mind up whether the topic is work pursuing or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement