Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places To Watch Football Matches

• 30-03-2010 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I'm staying in Wexford town for the week, near Clonard, and was wondering is there anywhere near that's a good place to watch the Champions' League matches tonight and tomorrow?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭robdugg

Metro 17 have the biggest screen in town. They're down by the bridge. Not sure if they open midweek though. Try Monk Street just around the corner from that, the Thirsty Monk, The Crown, T. Morris and Maggy Mays will all show it. Not sure about atmosphere though. that being said they're all nice pubs and close to the Stores if you fancy late drinks. Free in before 11 I think.

Other end of town The Sky and the Ground is a great pub and they'll show the match.

PS Comon Bayern!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The Search

wow, sweet advice man! Thanks very much. And yeah, COME ON FC HOLLYWOOD!!!

No problem. Another option is Chocolate. You'll find that in the Bull Ring close to the Bank of Ireland off the Quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

If your in Clonard just go to Culletons down the road, a nice local but small tv screens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

If your in Clonard just go to Culletons down the road, a nice local but small tv screens

Where is this?

Where is this?

Used to be called the Mayflower. Or something. Also used to have the Tunnel Nightclub. Not a nice place back then. Dunno what it's like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

robdugg wrote: »
    Used to be called the Mayflower. Or something. Also used to have the Tunnel Nightclub. Not a nice place back then. Dunno what it's like now?

I live just around the corner in liam mellows and no it wasn't a nice place at all back then but it's one of the nicest pubs in town now and no trouble whatsoever. Great on match days if your a liverpool fan.

baraca wrote: »
    I live just around the corner in liam mellows and no it wasn't a nice place at all back then but it's one of the nicest pubs in town now and no trouble whatsoever. Great on match days if your a liverpool fan.

Good to know :)

You know it's funny. There aren't really many pubs up around that area. In fact? Are there any others? Not including hotels.

Advertisement