Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sunderland away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

It was the manner of the defeat more so then anything else which is dissapointing Sunderland got what they deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

lets be realistic. this result will not affet our seasons perfrance if we beat one of man u ARSEnal or chelsea cos realisticly we woud all take a point aginst all them.

very bad display tday from our boys but we have had them against other teams earlier in the yr and we are still 4th (for the min til city play at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Disastrous day. worst of the season just when things were looking good. Bye bye top 4. It's gone. :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

ziedth wrote: »
    Hi can see Sunderland having a decent run next year going by this.

Maybe this is a good thing, it will focus us that bit more for the big 3. Difference is I think we have to do one of them now.

A good thing? what are you smoking! we just let villa and pool back into teh race big time and theres a good chance city will overtake us. not forgetting we just got demolished against a mediocre side and gave away 3 penalties.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Modric is a f**king joke :mad:

very harsh! had a bad game granted but honestly do u think u cold do better?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

keane=cock wrote: »
    lets be realistic. this result will not affet our seasons perfrance if we beat one of man u ARSEnal or chelsea cos realisticly we woud all take a point aginst all them.
    Lets be even more realistic, if we are this **** against Sunderland, we'll be very very lucky to get even 1 points in the 3 games after this.

Yes i know everyone has bad days, but this is a game we could not afford to lose. Simple as that. If we ever want to get into the top 4 or, god forbid, challenge for the title then we need to be winning against teams like Sunderland. We went out there, and did **** all to show us as a club with champions league ambitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

it was shocking but just forget bout it and move on.today again shows how much we need big tom and dawson in d team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

As Alan hansen always says "Spurs are guaranteed to always let you down".
    Today shows why he is exactly right. We have not got the balls for the fight, with lightweights like Modric in the middle. I am afraid injuries have caught up on us. No champions league next season :(

Not claiming i could do better, but this guy is so hyped up but has failed to perform for weeks now. He is definately not a central midfielder and with a full strength team would not be near the starting 11.

Kiith wrote: »
    Lets be even more realistic, if we are this **** against Sunderland, we'll be very very lucky to get even 1 points in the 3 games after this.

Yes i know everyone has bad days, but this is a game we could not afford to lose. Simple as that. If we ever want to get into the top 4 or, god forbid, challenge for the title then we need to be winning against teams like Sunderland. We went out there, and did **** all to show us as a club with champions league ambitions.

true but u must take into account the injuies and bodies we were missing today. i agree we had to at least not be beaten today and win most of our remainin games bar the 3 named above an the city match.

our characte ill be tested an ur next perormance n the league(dont mind pompey in the semi) will decide if we are bottlers or not. think its ARSEnal if im not mistaken???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

well id give it a go for 30k a week, and i would try a lot harder i can promise you that

anyway, its not the end of the world. we have a great chance of beating arsenal at the lane. if we do that, get a draw against chelsea then we are still in it

city have to play united and i cant see them winning that. villa are still 4 behind us. the real worry is the pool. if they beat birmingham tomorrow then i can see them winning the rest of their games and 4th would be theirs

we are just decimated with injuries. whatever about the rest of them, we need hudd and dawson back and defoe able to start. they have 2 weeks now cos there is no need to risk anyone next sat against a very poor pompey side.

Not claiming i could do better, but this guy is so hyped up but has failed to perform for weeks now. He is definately not a central midfielder and with a full strength team would not be near the starting 11.
    what team would u play?

Well the way i see it is if liverpool go to St. Andrews tomorrow and win i fancy them for 4th place. Lets see what happens tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Cmon lads,picking modric as the scapegoat is a bit rich. Give it over.

Todays is a huge blow, massive.

I personally think we need 6 points from the man utd, arsenal and chelsea games to have a chance of 4th. And that may not even be enough.

As i mentioned earlier in the week, Bent kicked us in the balls, was bound to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

I'd agree its a bad day at the office but all is not lost. We were in fourth because other teams had s*** days too. Rememeber City and Everton, anyone?
    If City win tonight, they will go 1 point ahead with same games played. We are still in a very good position. 'Pool have to go Brum and get a win, something the top four have failed to do (may be wrong but think they all drew there). We were never gonna get 4th without getting results against 1 of the top 4 in the remaining fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

terrible performance. should have been about 5-0. didnt turn up at all. Midfield was very poor, actually bar wilson making some tackles we were non existant. Luka very poor. wont be the last bad day at the office for the teams chasing 4th, been a strange aul season..

Comon the Burnley.:D:D

what team would u play?

My team full strength

Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Bassong, BAE, Lennon, Hudd, Palacios, Bale, Defoe, Crouch/Pav.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    terrible performance. should have been about 5-0. didnt turn up at all. Midfield was very poor, actually bar wilson making some tackles we were non existant. Luka very poor. wont be the last bad day at the office for the teams chasing 4th, been a strange aul season..

Comon the Burnley.:D:D

Having had time to calm down Mullo i agree with you, you Wembley bound next Sunday? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Emoran wrote: »
    A good thing? what are you smoking! we just let villa and pool back into teh race big time and theres a good chance city will overtake us. not forgetting we just got demolished against a mediocre side and gave away 3 penalties.

MAYBE a good thing, things like this do happen. They have lost two games at home this season and I always say I would prefer to play one awful game then play 4 sub standard game.

It was a must win but fact is we didn't win. Just have to solider on.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Having had time to calm down Mullo i agree with you, you Wembley bound next Sunday? :)

cant make it mate. Its the missus birthday and we are away on the sat night for it, should be a great day so bitter I am missing out. In fairness was at fulham replay and pompey last week so cant complain. Have a good day and sure I will see you at Bolton game for a few.

• Advertisement

My team full strength

Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Bassong, BAE, Lennon, Hudd, Palacios, Bale, Defoe, Crouch/Pav.

which one?

first off u would honestly play bassong ahead of king or woodgate?:confused:

hudd- great passer of a ball as is modic(usually) but a lot less mobile.
    palacios- great mobility and tackler but poor passer.
    bale- has had 3 good months for spurs in 3yrs.

there is 3 positions modders has played for us and i personally think our midfield should change according to who we play.
    modric is too ligh to play against a team that will battle(sunderland today,bolton, wolves etc) but against a fotballing side(ARSEnal,man u etc) id have him every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd like to point out one thing:

BAE-Bassong-Kaboul-Walker

That back 4 had a total of 23mins (plus stoppage time) before today's game.

Put Bale in at LB at half time and it was a back 4 with 4mins playing time together.

I'd also like to point out the suggestion that Luka Modric would not make our first choice XI with everyone fit is ludicrous.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i would also disagree that modric wudnt make our first eleven. when fit he would be one of the first on the team sheet, only at left midfield though. he just isnt a CM

dawson and corluka should be back next week

which one?

first off u would honestly play bassong ahead of king or woodgate?:confused:

hudd- great passer of a ball as is modic(usually) but a lot less mobile.
    palacios- great mobility and tackler but poor passer.
    bale- has had 3 good months for spurs in 3yrs.

there is 3 positions modders has played for us and i personally think our midfield should change according to who we play.
    modric is too ligh to play against a team that will battle(sunderland today,bolton, wolves etc) but against a fotballing side(ARSEnal,man u etc) id have him every time.

Ok fair enough about the midfield changing for different games, but Modric can give so much more, i have noticed this over the last few games, believe me i have not got a set against him. As far as King and Woodgate are concerned they are not the future for Spurs as sad as it is to say. I believe Dawson and Bassong have built a really strong partnership this season. Also mate you cannot argue that Bale has been our best performer for months now and deserves his place on the team. Anyway we have to put this game behind us now and look to the Arsenal game, i believe we need to win that now as City are 2 nil up already

Ok fair enough about the midfield changing for different games, but Modric can give so much more, i have noticed this over the last few games, believe me i have not got a set against him. As far as King and Woodgate are concerned they are not the future for Spurs as sad as it is to say. I believe Dawson and Bassong have built a really strong partnership this season. Also mate you cannot argue that Bale has been our best performer for months now and deserves his place on the team. Anyway we have to put this game behind us now and look to the Arsenal game, i believe we need to win that now as City are 2 nil up already

i think a lot of this is down to dawson personally, i dont have full confidence in bassong unfortunetly.

no disputing bale has ben excellent sice dec or so when BAE got injured but so was bentley when he got his chance. poor gain today but he didnt make ur starting line up. l

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

i think a lot of this is down to dawson personally, i dont have full confidence in bassong unfortunetly.

When Dawson first got into the team he looked immense, but only with King alongside him...today's lesson? Give players time to grow into their role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd also like to point out the suggestion that Luka Modric would not make our first choice XI with everyone fit is ludicrous.

Agree as I said already. Fellas who say these things must be on the silly pills :rolleyes:

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

City 3-0 up after 7 minutes - This is going to be a disastorus day for us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

4 - 0 now. Wow, if things keep going like that they'll match our goal difference, which is the big edge we have over everyone else. Didn't see our match, haven't read the reviews yet but from everything I've read it sounds like we were just rubbish. Have to hope that results go our way but I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool win tomorrow, just to compound our issues.

• Advertisement

Ok i admit that was a rash comment about Modric, its just he has frustrated me in the last few games because he has been playing in the centre. But i guess this is down to injuries which are out of the managers control. If he plays on the left who do we leave out, do we drop bale to left back or leave him out completely?

Advertisement