Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity essay questions

Options
  • 30-03-2010 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi everyone, I'm starting in Trinity in September and would love to know the past essay questions or exam questions for this year or other years? I'm going to do a bit a reading this summer and want to make sure I'm reading in the right direction! Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

http://www.tcd.ie/Local/Exam_Papers/index.html

Isn't the internet such a wonderful tool - all I had to do was to go to the Trinity college website page. Then I thought to myself, now who would be interested in examinations. Oh that would more than likely be Current Students, so I clicked on the phrase Current Students, and I was offffffff, deep into the bowels of that collection of HTML that is the Trinity College Website. I landed in the Student Homepage. Lord have mercy, but wasn't there a link to Examinations right in front of me, so I decided, what the hell, I'll click on that. Lo and behold I was in the Examinations Office webpage. Those nice people in that office provided another link for me, teasingly called the quick links page. So, always one for saving time where possible, I clicked on it. You'll never guess where it led me - go on, guess..... ah go on.....YES, to another page! And there in blue, as bold as you like was a link to Past Examination Papers. Lord, what will they think of next??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

:D sometimes I think people on boards haven't heard of the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MRya

No need for the sarcasm. I have those past exams, as well as all the course info I can find. Could someone else tell me the essay questions that they had to do for Sociology of Education and Special Education?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Folks, can we stick to being helpful rather than making people feel bad please? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Delphi91 wrote: »

Lord, what will they think of next??? :rolleyes:

Perhaps they'll think of putting the essay titles up on the website. If they do that then you'll actually be able to answer the question raised in the thread title rather than wasting so much of your time telling us in such a roundabout way that the essay titles are not there.

• Advertisement

OK, maybe I was a tad sarcastic in my earlier reply.....;)

But, it would have helped ENORMOUSLY if the op had stated what course he/she was going to be doing in September. I'm still none the wiser, apart from the fact that you'll be studying Sociology of Education and Special Education.

The best way to have approached this problem was to address your original query to those readers who have done or who are doing the course you're going for in September.

Powerhouse wrote: »
    Perhaps they'll think of putting the essay titles up on the website. If they do that then you'll actually be able to answer the question raised in the thread title rather than wasting so much of your time telling us in such a roundabout way that the essay titles are not there.

If that was adressed to me, then with all repect, I didn't say that the essay titles were not available. The op asked for the exam questions or the essay titles. I pointed out the location of the exam questions. I posted nothing about essay titles.

If your post was not directed at me, then please ignore the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

PM sent MRya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Delphi91 wrote: »
    If that was adressed to me, then with all repect, I didn't say that the essay titles were not available. The op asked for the exam questions or the essay titles. I pointed out the location of the exam questions. I posted nothing about essay titles.

Since I replied to you my comments were obviously directed at you.

You posted nothing about essay titles? Exactly my point.

You didn't say that the essay titles were not available? True, but I didn't suggest you said that so why you say this I'm not sure.

You went to the trouble of typing out nearly 200 words without engaging with the issue raised in the title of the thread. If you could have answered the question presumably you would have managed it over the course of far less than a few hundred words.

I have no problem with people not being able to answer specific questions. The difficulty is when they insist on posting anyway.

Powerhouse wrote: »
    I have no problem with people not being able to answer specific questions. The difficulty is when they insist on posting anyway.

That's a good point.

From now on, unless you (meaning everyone) can be of some help to the OP, please keep all petty fighting to PM. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MRya

I'm starting the dip in Trinity next year. Thought that would have been obvious, but I suppose I could have been doing an MA in education.

Anyway I got my answer thanks to littlebsci's PM. Lets just leave this thread alone now!

Grand, thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement