Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web creator needed to create free website (for a good reason)

Options
  • 30-03-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

OK sorry if this should be in the 'situations vacant' section but i didn't want this to be posted as a job, since i cant pay anyone for it, but please web developers, hear me out.
    I am looking to create a website which is essentially a database of lost cats. i know anyone who is not a cat owner will think this is stupid, but 'cat people' will hopefully think this is a good idea. anyway, i would like to create a website so if you lose your cat, you could go to this site to search for it. or if you happen to find a cat that doesn't seem like a stray 'street cat', you could enter his details & photo on this website and hopefully have him re-united with his original owner.
    often i see posters up from people looking for their lost pets, but cats have a tendency to climb up into the engines of cars, and disembark miles away from their original home - posters in your local shop etc wont help in a case like this.
    i know the success rate of a website like this would be very low, and of course this would only work if accompanied by a big information campaign etc but i'd be up for spreading the word (posters in all pet shops and vets in the country etc) but i just cant create a website, especially not one that has a searchable database.
    I cant pay for this work, as i would like this website to be free to search and enter a found pet on. however, i would suggest anyone who finds a lost pet through it make a donation which i could use to pay for hosting, and maybe advertising if it ever made any money.
    So - is anyone willing to help me? I know this is a big ask, but i think it is a good cause, and once set up i dont imagine there would be much maintenance to keep it up and running forevermore...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

This has already been done - http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Sposs wrote: »
    This has already been done - http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/

Man! Thanks for the super-fast reply, and this is exactly what i was thinking of :-)

Well thanks for that, cos a really nice friendly cat has shown up on my doorstep with a collar (so i know hes not a stray) but nobody is responding to posters so i will put his details up there.

Thanks a mil for your help.

Advertisement