Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiplayer Game Thread

Options
  • 30-03-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

This is an idea for FM 10 players on this board that I have taken from another FM site, hopefully enough people will be interested, I.m ideally looking for say 5+ and then it can go ahead.

•1 Member starts a new save
    •They then play for 1 whole season
    •The game is then uploaded and another member plays it on for another season
    •So this continues season after season until whenever!

Rules

- No cheating, no use of third party programs.
    - Those who play hand the save over to someone else when one season has been played and the players have gone on holiday.
    - The member has 10 days to complete the season.
    - Updates are given and an Overall Season update is given at the end of their season, with goals set for the next manager

codeBoards Name
    Number(1 - 10): (This will determind what season you will play so if you choose one you will play the first season.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

10 days for a season :eek:

It seems like a good idea. I wish there was an actual online element :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Yeah but In my experience Online is pretty sketchy.

The 10 days is a guidline obviously if someone has work commitments etc it will be difficult but it will also stop people form taking a month or so.

Or we could try a competition, everyone picks the same club and see who fares better! We could pass each others save around to make no-one's cheating!

Xavi came to me on a free, I swear!

Yeah that might be worth looking at aswell. Have to get a few people first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Nice idea. Me and 2 of my mates usually meet up once every week or so and play a network game, into the 5th season now. It's great competing against other human players.

• Advertisement

Aye but this wouldn't really be competitive we would be together like.

Say we start as Leeds, I do one season, upload the game then Someone else does one season etc etc.

Just bumping this thread up,

I think we should give it a lash in it's orginal format, anyone interested in taking part, if so what team should it start off with and who wants to go first.

I'm in. Start a new game and let the computer randomly pick one. Preferably English and about League 2/lower level. If not that way, I vote for Aldershot Town!

I'm Thinking of
    EPl - League 2
    La Liga
    Serie A
    Ligue 1/ Bundesliga

I don't see the point of having two many divisions outside England.

I'm going to post a list of contenders

so far..

Gillingham
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Tranmere Rovers
    Rochdale
    Saint-Ettienne
    Grimsby
    Aldershot

Take your pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Would you lads have any interest in FM live then?

Horgan wrote: »
    Would you lads have any interest in FM live then?

How would that work? Isn't it LAN only?

Gonna start with Aldershot now, if I get into it I could have it done fast if not I will prob take a week or so, will keep you updated.

How are we doing?

TBh with you total fail, haven't got into it and only played like 3 or 4 games if you wan to start afresh go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

I'm on for this and can start off the first season if yous want. With only three really interested it'll just be taking turns every third season. If more join then well and good.

Will be using holidays and making the team just play my formation and preferred line-up for about half the season to stop the boredom setting in.

Go for it, i'd find it easier to pick up after a season or two.

Chose Gillingham. Completed a season on auto-pilot and couldn't pass it on to yous as feck all happened. Signed a couple of free transfers and loanees but due to lack of funds and available talent the squad was still awful and wouldn't give anyone any joy managing them. Glad to report my second summer went much better and only have about 3 players from original squad. Will play it til 30.12.10 and save and post up here when done.

Details of season 1:

Team: Gillingham
    Budget: £30k
    Board Expectation: Consolidate
    Media Expectation: 18th
    Finishing Position: 17th
    Star player(s):
    Simeon Jackson - by far the best player there and only one I'd chose to keep if given funding.
    Signings:
    Filled the squad with below average free transfer players, as they were still better than what I had. Had Gael Kakuta, Jonathan Obika and Corry Evans on loan. Evans and Kakuta were up with Jackson as my best. Obika was very disappointing. Almost every time I bid on a loan/free player others can in and nabbed them.

Details of season 2:
    Team: Gillingham
    Budget: £70k (wage budget 10k above what I was currently spending tho)
    Board Expectation: Avoid relegation
    Media Expectation: 40-1 title shot
    Finishing Position: 1st after only 5 games (4 wins and one score draw) - vey early days tho.
    Star player(s):
    Danny Drinkwater (loan from ManU). Off to an absolute flyer with 2 goals and 5 assists in 4/5 games. Jackson, Coke, Evans and Friend look quality so far.
    Signings:
    Loans this time are Assulin (at Liverpool I think - only 1 big game so far but bound to get lots more), De Laet (rock at centre-back), Drinkwater (see above) and can't remember the last right now.
    Corry Evans, Koroman (Portsmouth/Gambia forward), Guidetti, Mak, Trippier, Vidal, tall Slovenian from Bolton begins with H - all signed when released from reserves of PL teams.
    Coke, Haliwelll and Cowan all signed from Scotish teams and all look great value. Also have agreed a fee of £35k to sign John Sutton from Motherwell next summer (have a load of strikers so not needed now, will replace someone that we can sell next summer).

At work so am sure I'm forgetting plenty of details but will post anything I miss when I complete to xmas. Have defintely made up for the quiet first season tho - hope to still be top half by xmas and give yous something to play for!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Had Guidetti in my Gillingham game, gave him 1.5 seasons to learn his trade, then he was a goal machine, 37 games 30 goals had to sell him to QPR but got €2m for him

Pea, Ivy or anyone else looking to take over this I've a game with 1.5 seasons complete with Gillingham ready now.

Sitting in 3rd place on goal difference, 3 off top. Played 24, won 12, drawn 8, lost 4. Scored 51 (most in league), conceded 30 (not good at all). Guidetti starting to bang them in, whilst Andras Simon (free from Liverpool) and Jackson have been doing it all season. Mak scored few crackers too.

Prob gonna play on with this for myself but will save a version at 29th December 2010 where it is now. Dunno how to stick it up here, if I can, so PM with email details and I'll pass it on.

• Advertisement

<---- My email

IvySlayer wrote: »
    <---- My email

Sent. Good luck!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    <---- My email

Not working. Tried twice and returned both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Not working. Tried twice and returned both times.

I had the same problem trying to send IvySlayer a saved game a while abck too.

From both gmail and hotmail accounts and with the file in it's normal form as well as .rar and .zip archives...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dave_

Hey guys,

I got the file. (Thanks NuckChoris!)
    Unfortunately the file bailed once the progress bar got to about 33% before saying it could not open the file.

Can I suggest uploading to Rapidshare? Ill pass on my account details when I get home from work if you think this would work. Think that's what the guys on the SiGames forums do.

Thanks for the tactics advise too. Been struggling with this in FM10 to be honest. Haven't really got the hang of roles etc but getting there. God be with the days of the With Ball and Without Ball screens, took about a day to create a tactic!

My MSN account is prolly ****ed? I'll PM you my private one.

Advertisement