Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Renovation

Options
  • 30-03-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm thinking of putting in an offer for a two bed in Dublin. It's a very old house, needs a lot of work done. The thing is, I've no idea how much it will cost to get the house exactly as I want it.
    Can anyone give me a rough idea of what the following would cost me?

New Kitchen Floor. c 5 metre x 5 metre.
    Roof insulated. Size roughly 10 metre x 10 metre.
    New window (Double glazed) x 5, all about 1 metre square.
    Walls injected.
    New floor boards throughout house, three rooms @ about 6m x 10m and another @ 5m x 5m (kitchen.)
    House painted.
    New kitchen fitted.
    New bathroom fitted. (whb, toilet, shower etc.)
    Central heating installed.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of what that'd set me back? I don't need it to the nearest cent, just to within a few grand generally.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Can you ask a builder to go with you to see it to give you a ballpark figure?

Can't give you any kind of figure without having some knowledge of dimensions.

You might find the DIY and tradespeople helpful over in Home & Garden in the Rec forum

Advertisement