Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North Co. Dublin Home/Pub Games

• 30-03-2010 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey guys...

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Jimi and I'm from (shockingly enough) North Co. Dublin

Not sure if this thread is in the right place or if anyone from North Co. Dublin actually posts here, but I'll give it a shot! Feel free to move/delete if thread is in wrong place/breaks forum rules.

Just thought I'd start a thread and see if there are any other Boardsies' out there from around the area, that may want to share home games and try to increase player pools. I'm from Skerries, myself and below is a list of home/pub games that I regularly play at/run.

Note: All games listed are rake free unless stated!

Skerries:
    Every Tuesdsay and Thursday - usually 10-15 players.
    €1/€2/€5 straddle - €50min/un-capped PLO/NLHE.
    Fish filled game.. Ave stack prob €1K or so.

Skerries:
    Every Wednesday - 7pm(ish) start - Max 9 players.
    €1/€1/€3 straddle - €100min/€100max - Mostly PLO with some other variations possible.
    Run in my house and game goes from about 6 til 6 (We don't work Thursdays smile.gif!)

Skerries:
    Every Sunday - Roughly 4pm start - Max 9 players.
    €0.5/€0.5 PLO/NLHE - Mostly close friends - Good players (or so they believe anyway!)
    This is again run at my house and usually have mates over for some food and beers if weather is good during summer months, new peeps are more than welcome!

The Bus Bar, Skerries:
    Every Friday - 9pm start.
    €20 rebuy tourney - good structure and bar owner allows play to go on well into the night - 10-20 players.
    Usually some €0.2/€0.2 deep cash action (PLO/NLHE).

Balbriggan:
    Every Tuesday - Usually 20 odd players.
    €20 turbo rebuy tourney - Bit of a crapshot to be honest, but good fun all the same! - 8pm start time.
    Spiradic cash action - Short stack €1/€2 NLHE from what I've experienced.

Balbriggan:
    First Thursday of each month - Usuall 20 odd players.
    €75 Freezout-Double Chance - Same Crapshotty structure as Weekly Tueday Game.
    Spiradic cash action - Short stack €1/€2 NLHE from what I've experienced.

Thats about all I've got for the time being... Also have a list of raked games/clubs if anybody is interested, just PM me or post here and I will give my e-mail addy....

Hoping others will share their games or poss come join ours!

Thanks for your time guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 blucey14

Hey!

I'm North Dublin myself, Swords at the minute!
    Do you ever have any tournaments at homes, instead of just cash games? I'd definately be interested in that for sure?
    But the cash games sound ok, may have to visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MagicalBikeRide

blucey14 wrote: »
    Hey!

I'm North Dublin myself, Swords at the minute!
    Do you ever have any tournaments at homes, instead of just cash games? I'd definately be interested in that for sure?
    But the cash games sound ok, may have to visit!

Hey mate, good to see some interest. We generally don't run too many/if any, tourneys at home... mainly due to the fact that the host may get knocked out and not be able to play, etc.

I actually run the tourney on Fridays in the Bus Bar and its pretty much like a home game, just happens to be in a pub. We take no rake and all rebuys go into the prize pool. Everyone is good mates and there is usually good banter to boot!

In Swords though, your best bet is prob the new Bluff CC, its over Paddy Power on the main street I think. I haven't personally been myself, but I've only heard good things! Might be above your BR though... haven't seen their tourney schedule yet...

PM me if you fancy any of the games..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 blucey14

Yeah BBC is literally 100m away from my apartment, so I see it as rude not to go now and then...seeing as it's on my doorstep.
    Yeah the torney in the Bus Bar sounds good, i'll be sure to check it out soon!
    Thanks for the info and i'll sure to get in touch if i have any problems or will be coming along to check it out.

blucey14 wrote: »
    Yeah BBC is literally 100m away from my apartment, so I see it as rude not to go now and then...seeing as it's on my doorstep.
    Yeah the torney in the Bus Bar sounds good, i'll be sure to check it out soon!
    Thanks for the info and i'll sure to get in touch if i have any problems or will be coming along to check it out.

No tourney this Friday though, good Friday obv..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭theacher

do murrays in lusk run any game now?

• Advertisement

theacher wrote: »
    do murrays in lusk run any game now?

AFAIK, I think their games have dried up like many others in the area. Best bet is to find a phone number a give 'em a ring!

p.s. I couldn't find a number on Google, 11811 or a phonebook might be better shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭theacher

will do did well along time ago at their games

Advertisement