Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Usage thread

• 30-03-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

Just wanna get a feel for what everyones download/upload usage is

Heres mine:
    march2010.png

Im on the 3 megabit eircom broadband package with a 30GB allowence

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

If your looking for an average Irish persons Dload trend you wont find it here.
    Most boards members are a bt more aware in IT terms than the average Irish net user so trends here will be higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I've gone over my Perlico allowance this month by 8 GB, from 24 GB allowance to 32GB total downloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

I've gone over my Perlico allowance this month by 8 GB, from 24 GB allowance to 32GB total downloaded.

That'll be e16 please....

bealtine wrote: »
    That'll be e16 please....
    It's much,much more when you go over on Perlico. we paid like €107 for Broadband this month. It's one of the reasons we are considering swapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Heres mine

Capture.jpg

It's not really representative considering I haven't been doing any downloading lately (except for those three days in the second week)

I don't know what's going with Eircom though, apparently I haven't downloaded anything this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

yeah theyve reset it early so they can start charging us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Eircom 3Mb (30GB cap).
    Monthly downloads normally 70-90GB
    Uploads normally ~2GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know if its possible to find out your usage levels with UPC?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

won't be contributing to this thread, my IP address is easy to find and the last time I posted on this topic I got throttled by BT within a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Anyone know if its possible to find out your usage levels with UPC?
    you'll need to buy a router (or re-flash your existing one with new firmware, if compatible) as upc don't provide usage stats to their customers.

my average download varies from 100-150gb per month and my average upload is around 50-100gb per month, but i always keep it within UPC's 250gb (combined up&down) limit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

slave1 wrote: »
    won't be contributing to this thread, my IP address is easy to find and the last time I posted on this topic I got throttled by BT within a few days
    Only boards.ie admin have access to the IP address of posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You know that perlico DO charge for going over your cap right?
    hightower1 wrote: »
    If your looking for an average Irish persons Dload trend you wont find it here.
    Most boards members are a bt more aware in IT terms than the average Irish net user so trends here will be higher.

Full agree, from my own personally experience dealing with "joe soaps" on ISP's I've previously seen "average" usage as less then 15GB per month, yes this is what happens when you don't download half the internet via bittorrent and rapidshare :)

With the advent of 4OD and the likes of BBC iPlayer this usage has gone up somewhat but still its no where near the likes of 50GB+ a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

slave1 wrote: »

That has nothing to do with the price of tomatoes. Any website you visit can see your IP address, but they don't know who you are. Connecting these two things together is meaningless and wrong.

Also, BT (or any ISP you use) have no need for you to post your stats to the Internet to find out what you used, they already know.

Cabaal wrote: »
    You know that perlico DO charge for going over your cap right?
    It's much,much more when you go over on Perlico. we paid like €107 for Broadband this month. It's one of the reasons we are considering swapping.

I know all too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

vibe666 wrote: »
    you'll need to buy a router (or re-flash your existing one with new firmware, if compatible) as upc don't provide usage stats to their customers.

my average download varies from 100-150gb per month and my average upload is around 50-100gb per month, but i always keep it within UPC's 250gb (combined up&down) limit.

man id love to have your download limit iam on the 02 yoke with 15gb download limit.no upc when i am but ican still get xbox live with 02 so thats handy.

Hey all,

Sorry to stray from the post a bit here, but I just got Eircom the other day...3Mb Business Lite Plus with 30Gb allowance. I have had satellite for a year now so I know what it's like blowing your limit, believe me!

Do Eircom reset your usage back to nil at the turn of them month (tomorrow), the turn of the month from when you got it installed, or do they reset it at all? Also, do they charge you for overuse or do they slow you down as my sat providers slowed me down.

Cheers, and sorry for being a pain redface.gif

And damn the PS3 is eating into our allowance!!

how is the ps3 eating your allowance unless you on it moring noon and night its the upload speed that matters of online play.asi said i can play xbox live for hours and the most it will use is 200mb

O2 Broadband 15GB
    Data used since last bill, from 02/03 to 31/03 13.93G
    Data cost €0.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bazideluxe

7Mbit ADSL from eircom, my usage for last december... down 838GB/up 23GB
    mybbusageen.png

Now with crappy Vodafone, moving back to eircom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Bazideluxe wrote: »
    7Mbit ADSL from eircom, my usage for last december... down 838GB/up 23GB
    mybbusageen.png

Now with crappy Vodafone, moving back to eircom...

Wow!
    What would ya have done if they tried billing you?
    (for all 1500 euros worth)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bazideluxe

Wow!
    What would ya have done if they tried billing you?
    (for all 1500 euros worth)

did not even think about it :-D i got only once time charge for extra data, it was i think 40 euros extra when i have downloaded 1,2TB over limit ish (2 months bill), have had never been happier with broadband in this coiuntry like i was with eircom...

but the most amazing thing is i was getting the full speed at all the time... eircom rocks guys (can not get anything faster in area i live...)

• Advertisement
Advertisement