Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strings for jumbo acoustic

• 30-03-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I have a yamaha jumbo acoustic about 15 years... i have been using medium strings all along but have never been too happy with the sound its not the only guitar i have but it would be nice to find out sombody else opinion on brand and string types .....Ive tried Martins , D'Addario & long life Elixir all medium gauge......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

My personal favorites for Acoustic are Newtone but you might also try DR or Thomastik, the later being pricey but nice. Others worth a look are Rotosound, Dean Markley, Ernie Ball to name a few. You also have different strings from Martin and D'addario to try such as Martin SP, Martin FX and D'addario EXP as used by Paul Brady and such like.
    Strings are such a personal choice you just have to experiment till you find your poison. Best of luck :)

Advertisement