Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kayaker airlifted off wexford

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Lots of people buying sit on jobs and heading out very ill prepared. (not saying this is the case, but I am seeing it a lot, some with kids)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I'm guessing he/she is a sea kayaker. Glad they're ok anyway, would hate to hear of someone getting hurt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

As far as ive heard they were on sit on tops, the tides changed and caught them out not to mention the force 7 wind they were out in.
    In reality they where very lucky one got to shore and raised the alarm another 100m or so and he would of been gone out too.

The Training and development unit of the ICU have introduced a sit in top skills award one general flat water one like a level one and then one for paddling on rivers and one for paddling on the sea. Hopefully if people take up these course's and get the basic knowledge, more awareness of the environment will follow and incidents like this will be avoided.

Good to see the Helicopter Is staying 24hr though

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Sit on tops????

They were very VERY lucky to make it back to shore. I dont mind saying they were very stupid to go out in such bad weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭pmccormack

Yea Crazy in those conditions ive paddled all around there and worked with groups around that area any bad weather and its a no go, crazy to go out in it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

There is enough water to paddle in this country without putting other people's lives at risk by tempting faith in such weather .

Advertisement