Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Frame house-tv cable- nightmare- HELP

• 30-03-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭

Hi, basicly the lasy gits only ran 1 tv cable to the sitting room when building house (house 3.5 yrs old)

I want to put a new tv point in the opposite corner of the sitting room on the wall backing up the kitchen so i can run 2 cables- one for sitting room and 1 for kitchen.

I've been in the attic following wires etc and cant run a tv cable from the attic down through the walls to the ground floor.

Any ideas/advice?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I followed the ensuite service duct down into the kitchen as its over in the corner of the kitchen. From here i could have put it through the wall into the sitting room so the tele was over the other side but I only wanted a tele in the kitchen.

imo a timber frame house is easier to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Thanks the reply,
    what do you mean by the en-suite service duct?

I've looked all over the attic, even been down in behind the wall beside the chimney breast (enough room to get down there but wall studs stopping me find a route down the walls)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

i find timber framed houses harder to do extra work in once finished.is your tv service in the attic.is it possible to run cable outside ,maybe beside drainpipe in sticky back trunking and drill in to tv position

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Not really, the wall i want the tv point on is the wall in the middle of the ground floor dividing the sitting room and kitchen, its also very close to the wall dividing our house and next door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

surface inside.maybe through bedroom wardrobe.into ceiling below.then mini trunking down kitchen wall.not ideal but if you are decorating you can track partition wall at top then fish into and down to dry lining box http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=dry+lining+box&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=vF2yS77nNZuP4gakueDhAg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=6&ved=0CCcQsAQwBQ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Thanks the reply,
    what do you mean by the en-suite service duct?

I've looked all over the attic, even been down in behind the wall beside the chimney breast (enough room to get down there but wall studs stopping me find a route down the walls)

Most ensuites are located in a semi detached house on the dividing wall between you and your neighbour. There is a triangled corner pce in the kitchen directly under this. What i done is brought a wire down from the attic into the bedroom and down trhough the triangled corner pce.

Am I making sense.

Advertisement