Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How cna I find out what service providers are available to me in my area?

• 30-03-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

Is there an online tool that tells me? Or will I have to check each providers site myself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

http://mapviewer.broadband.gov.ie/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

^^ That's the service offered by the Dept. of Energy, Communications and Natural Resources. Given the unbelievable incompetence of the Govt I'd be surprised if it's anyway current or accurate but perhaps it may serve as a starting point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

DeepBlue wrote: »
    http://mapviewer.broadband.gov.ie/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

^^ That's the service offered by the Dept. of Energy, Communications and Natural Resources. Given the unbelievable incompetence of the Govt I'd be surprised if it's anyway current or accurate but perhaps it may serve as a starting point.
    Thanks, I'll give it a go. :D

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't seem to be working :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't seem to be working :(
    It's a bit clunky but does work. (I've no idea how accurate or out-of-date it is though)
    • First you need to drill down on the map an click on your area.
    • Then you need to click the Identify Providers button on the left.
    • Then you need to again click on your location on the map.
    • Only then does it list the providers for that area.
    Remember this is provided by the same Govt. that has bankrupted us for generations to come so don't expect it to work in the way a normal person would program it.
    Naturally they would have to screw it up in some way. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

doesn't seem to work for me either

Advertisement