Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Radio, Part 2

Options
  • 30-03-2010 7:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from ride-the-spiral's idea a week ago, here is my contribution for the week.

http://8tracks.com/dennym/dennym-s-march-2010-mix

1) Cephalic Carnage - Endless Cycle of Violence - One of my fav grind bands, saw them live over a year ago, thought they were great.

2) Carcass - Keep on Rotting in the Free World - Not my favourite song by them, but I still like it, one of the big English grind bands, alongside ND

3) Anaal Nathrakh - Do Not Speak - A great band in my opinion, I thought they had a hell of a show back in Feb, I'd love to see them again.

4) Beneath the Massacre - Nevermore - Great Canadian death metal band, I started listening to them the guts of 2 years ago, still love them.

5) Suffocation - Infecting The Crypt - Had to put these lads in seeing as they are playing tomorrow in Whelans, one of the biggest death metal acts around.

6) Gorerotted - Only Tools and Corpses - A death metal band with a strange sense of humor, I think their sucessor, The Rotted, are solid, but deep down I'm still Gorerotted :P

7) Cattle Decapitation - Deadmeal - A great goregrind band, they are all vegetarians, they commonly base lyrics on the mistreatment of animals, and the state of humanity, and this is no different.

8) Dying Fetus - One Shot, One Kill - A great song from a great album, this band has survived so much, and is still going strong

Now hopefully this has all worked out right.

MAR 23 ride-the-spiral
    MAR 30 Denny M
    APR 6 Motley Crue
    APR 13

Stick down your name if you want to make a playlist one week, lets see if we can keep this good idea going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

great playlist man, shall be checking out some of those bands in more detail. especially liked cephalic carnage and beneath the massacre. cant beat a bit of anaal nathrakh either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Thanks for continuing this man :D At least your list has gotten more attention than mine. :P

Have to say was a bit too brutal for me overall, but there's some good tracks on there. Anaal Nakrath sound pretty good, and so do Dying Fetus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Love every band on that list. I prefer the newer Cattle Decapitation, tracks like "regret and the grave" are so atmospheric yet brutal when they need to be.

Dying Fetus + Suffocation = Kings of slam.

EDIT: Can you put my name on the list please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Love every band on that list. I prefer the newer Cattle Decapitation, tracks like "regret and the grave" are so atmospheric yet brutal when they need to be.

Dying Fetus + Suffocation = Kings of slam.

EDIT: Can you put my name on the list please?
    I'd stick it on if I could edit it, I think the time limit on editing my own thread has passed, so unless a mod does it, I guess we'd have to wait till the next playlist by Motley

Advertisement