Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N18 Hear we go again

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Deedsie wrote: »
    I took a leaf out of your book Berty, here is the email response i received:

The contractor has advised that this has been re-scheduled somewhat as follows:

12 April: Southbound traffic restricted to single lane from Sixmilebridge junction to south of the Radisson to facilitate gantry installation. After c. 2 weeks the length of single lane will be reduced to start at Cratloe Castle.

20 April: Northbound traffic diverted onto single lane of new slip road under the bridge between Cratloemoyle roundabout and the existing N18.

Regards,
    Seamus Hayes
    Project Liaison Officer
    Limerick Tunnel PPP Scheme
    Site Office
    Bunlicky
    Dock Road
    Limerick
    Tel (061)583855 (061)583855
    Fax. (061)583852
    EMail seamus.hayes@ltppp.ie

I think I might be dodging the potholes on the Old Cratloe Road from Monday so. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I was on the back road recently and got caught on the level crossing waiting for a train and waiting I was, so if you clash with a train schedule this may not be a "short cut". With the new route to Galway opened recently this add an additional 10 trains to the track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Still 2 lanes as of this morning c. 8.00am. No sign of them closing a lane either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's the only thing that makes me happy to be unemployed. Not having to drive on that road. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

But its still two lanes......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Berty wrote: »
    It's the only thing that makes me happy to be unemployed. Not having to drive on that road. ;)
    AND we don't have to listen to you moan about it, so it's win win! ;)

zuroph wrote: »
    AND we don't have to listen to you moan about it, so it's win win! ;)

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

phog wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I was on the back road recently and got caught on the level crossing waiting for a train and waiting I was, so if you clash with a train schedule this may not be a "short cut". With the new route to Galway opened recently this add an additional 10 trains to the track.

I will NEVER go down that way by the level crossing to avoid traffic. Got stuck there for an hour last year, busses and trucks trying to avoid traffic, were too big to get through junction with all the traffic.
    Nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

how many piece of **** tolls are there goin to be? is there one for the nenagh limerick road aswell. ****in joke

Vanhalla wrote: »
    how many piece of **** tolls are there goin to be? is there one for the nenagh limerick road aswell. ****in joke

Different roads you are talking about.

The tunnel will have a Toll and there will be a Toll on the way to Dublin at Portlaoise so you have a long way to go before you need to think about avoiding it.

Tip, when it opens in December of this year, exit at Mountrath to avoid the Toll and then rejoin at Portlaoise.

There will be no Toll at Nenagh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/traffic/story.asp?id=110506

Limerick - Lane restrictions will operate on the N18 Limerick/Ennis Rd at the Cratloe Rd Jct until Mon 28th JuneUpdated: 04/05/2010 07:16:21Traffic on the N18 Limerick/Ennis Rd coming from the Limerick City direction will be reduced to one lane just before the Cratloemoyle R/A. From Wed 5th traffic will be reduced to one lane after the Sixmilebridge Bridge Interchange. Delays are to be expected as a result. These works will continue until Mon 28th June, when the Limerick Tunnel Project will open.

Theres been many false alarm about when this would begin, guess i will find out soon enough if it has been implemented.

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/traffic/story.asp?id=110506

Limerick - Lane restrictions will operate on the N18 Limerick/Ennis Rd at the Cratloe Rd Jct until Mon 28th JuneUpdated: 04/05/2010 07:16:21Traffic on the N18 Limerick/Ennis Rd coming from the Limerick City direction will be reduced to one lane just before the Cratloemoyle R/A. From Wed 5th traffic will be reduced to one lane after the Sixmilebridge Bridge Interchange. Delays are to be expected as a result. These works will continue until Mon 28th June, when the Limerick Tunnel Project will open.

Theres been many false alarm about when this would begin, guess i will find out soon enough if it has been implemented.

Passed there last night and thought that they must be close to having to close the roads to beging the merge of new to old and complete the roundablout near the Radisson, I guess this time it's no false alarm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just came through it. Its down to one lane

Melion wrote: »

Just went through, one lane but moving grand. Didn't see an actual lane closed ahead sign, just a hard shoulder closed sign. Did I miss it or what? As it is, I was expecting it for the last few days. Could be dodgy in the overtaking lane if you didn't know!

Could be dodgy as it is the way people act on that section anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Which direction and at what time Mel?

I went from the Shannon to Limerick Direction at about 8:10am and while it wasn't too bad, I think this could get tricky. It looks like both the right lane late mergers (Me Sometimes :o) and the folks coming from the Sixmilebridge/Cratloe on ramp will be merging in the same place.

Just as an FYI. Its down to one lane from the Cratloe on ramp as far as Cratloe Castle where it returns to 2 lanes on the temporay section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I dont think it will be as bad as it was the last time thank god. There is a lot more room for people to merge from the overtaking lane too.

I dont think it will be as bad as it was the last time thank god. There is a lot more room for people to merge from the overtaking lane too.

I think the problem the last time around was that the construction site was using traffic lights to allow trucks to draw filling for the temporary road that we are now using and each time the road users got the red light it caused tailbacks.

The delays arent as bad as the last time so no need to go home via back roads of Cratloe, but there are still some lunatics who are flying up the fast lane trying to squeeze in at the last minute even tho the majority of all the other drivers have already merged in to the slow lane.
    You know who you are Mr. Navy Micra!!! :mad:

The delays arent as bad as the last time so no need to go home via back roads of Cratloe, but there are still some lunatics who are flying up the fast lane trying to squeeze in at the last minute even tho the majority of all the other drivers have already merged in to the slow lane.
    You know who you are Mr. Navy Micra!!! :mad:

Just to be pedantic for a moment. There is no such thing as a "fast lane" or a "slow lane". It's an overtaking lane and the left lane.

• Advertisement

"Pedantic Pat, Pedantic Pat, Pedantic Pat and that is that" :p Thanks for the correction Berty

Well Mr. Navy Micra must have thought it was both a FAST lane, judging by the speed he was doing and an Overtaking lane, since he managed to over take about 30 cars and still get in in front of a car before the merging in to 1 lane.

"Pedantic Pat, Pedantic Pat, Pedantic Pat and that is that" :p Thanks for the correction Berty

Well Mr. Navy Micra must have thought it was both a FAST lane, judging by the speed he was doing and an Overtaking lane, since he managed to over take about 30 cars and still get in in front of a car before the merging in to 1 lane.

Other than his speed, what's wrong with that?

Try to provide an answer without using the word "queue". :p

IMPOSSIBLE!!! or maybe not!!

Well what about common courtesy!
    If 29 out of 30 cars can "wait in line" :p why cant that other 1 do the same.

Last week a guy behind me pulled out in to the Overtaking lane and drove at the same speed as the Left lane, thus stopping all the evil knievels from flying up the outside... it was a sight :D My car would be rammed off the road however if i tried that i think :eek:

Well what about common courtesy!

Meh'

The only thing that makes me unhappy to be employed is to have to drive that road!!

The only thing that makes me unhappy to be employed is to have to drive that road!!

I don't have a car either which makes it even more difficult to drive on that road. :D

It gives me Road Rage!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

People really have to learn what merging is.

Terrible place for it to merge in fairness. Downramp from cratloe, left lane and right lane, all merging at the same spot.
    100 metres either way would have made it alot safe. They fly down that down ramp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Other than his speed, what's wrong with that?

He's slowing up the traffic as people have to slow to let him in. It doesn't take a genius to work that out.

Advertisement