Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 or Nexus One

Options
  • 30-03-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    I got me a nice shiny HTC HD2, Its a powerhouse of a device and runs as smooth as silk. Now who here would swap a HD2 for a Nexus one?????

I am on the verge of doing just this and would to know from Nexus owners how the nexus behaves? :D:

There is nothing wrong with the HD2 but feel an Android powered device would suit my needs better

Cheers Darren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    I got me a nice shiny HTC HD2, Its a powerhouse of a device and runs as smooth as silk. Now who here would swap a HD2 for a Nexus one?????

I am on the verge of doing just this and would to know from Nexus owners how the nexus behaves? :D:

There is nothing wrong with the HD2 but feel an Android powered device would suit my needs better

Cheers Darren

Not in a million years. I love the phone and have no problems with Windows Mobile. :)

What is so good about Android anyway? What can it do that Windows Mobile can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

hey no issues with Winmo at all, just as a package the droid software would be more for me.... also android seem to have a wealth of new apps that Winmo do not have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nexuslad

so you have a nexus and now you want a HD2??

nexuslad wrote: »
    so you have a nexus and now you want a HD2??
    No i have a HD2 and may change to a Nexus... Just looking for opinions on Nexus and views on when others might do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

No i have a HD2 and may change to a Nexus... Just looking for opinions on Nexus and views on when others might do.

Did this swap myself (via an iPhone 3GS on the way :))

The HD2 really is a beautiful piece of hardware, but WinMo did my head after a while.

The Nexus is a lovely piece of kit too, but the Google services are the jewel in the crown. So many toys !

• Advertisement

see my company are buying 7 HD2's so was thinking the only thing to do other than have two HD2's was swap for a Nexus

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

angel01 wrote: »
    What is so good about Android anyway? What can it do that Windows Mobile can't?

Stay alive since WinMo is now dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Stay alive since WinMo is now dead

I don't see how it is dead, there are lots of applications/games etc available for windows mobile 6.5, I like WinMo and I have no issue at all with it. The HD2 is a superb phone, I absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

angel01 wrote: »
    I don't see how it is dead, there are lots of applications/games etc available for windows mobile 6.5,

yes but there are going to be little to no new applications made for it seen as though Windows mobile 7 series will not have any backwards compatibility so no current apps will work on it. So no developer is going to waste their time building new apps for a platform that they know only has a less then 6 month life span left

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

yes but there are going to be little to no new applications made for it seen as though Windows mobile 7 series will not have any backwards compatibility so no current apps will work on it. So no developer is going to waste their time building new apps for a platform that they know only has a less then 6 month life span left

+1

since the announcement that HD2 wont be getting WM7, I wouldnt touch that with a bargepole. 500euro phone, no upgrade because it misses a button? GTFO..

• Advertisement

nmesisca wrote: »
    +1

since the announcement that HD2 wont be getting WM7, I wouldnt touch that with a bargepole. 500euro phone, no upgrade because it misses a button? GTFO..

I would not agree, WM6.5 has plenty of life in it, Plenty of users and a massive user base. WM7 will be new and therfore not as many apps,

BTW i am not saying one is better than the other (that has been done to death in any case) I am simply coming from a point of view that Andorid may better suit my needs and such i was looking for opinions on that aspect.

I would say that andorid at some point will migrate to the HD2 but i may not wait for that to happen and just place on Adverts.ie for a trade.

I would not agree, WM6.5 has plenty of life in it, Plenty of users and a massive user base. WM7 will be new and therfore not as many apps,

BTW i am not saying one is better than the other (that has been done to death in any case) I am simply coming from a point of view that Andorid may better suit my needs and such i was looking for opinions on that aspect.

I would say that andorid at some point will migrate to the HD2 but i may not wait for that to happen and just place on Adverts.ie for a trade.

I did not say WM is dead. However, given the incompatibility between WM6.X and WM7, you need to ask yourself if you were a developer, what would you develop for??
    At the moment apps are plenty (though relatively inconsistent/ugly looking), but that will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

The (upcoming?) HTC evo is a HD2 with android instead of wm6 afaik..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I did not say WM is dead. However, given the incompatibility between WM6.X and WM7, you need to ask yourself if you were a developer, what would you develop for??
    At the moment apps are plenty (though relatively inconsistent/ugly looking), but that will change.

Your right WM6.5 is dead in the water and it has been going around developer circles for the past few months. There will be very few new projects being started for WM6.5 or 7 for that matter. I think many of the developers will now shift there focus away from winmo all together.

Theta wrote: »
    Your right WM6.5 is dead in the water and it has been going around developer circles for the past few months. There will be very few new projects being started for WM6.5 or 7 for that matter. I think many of the developers will now shift there focus away from winmo all together.

I m sure a lot of developers will move to WM7, however a lot of them will have to completely reskill themselves as .NET and WPF/Silverlight are not exactly interchangeable. I think it will take time..

I owned WinMo smartphones for many years, but MS inability to innovate and shape the WinMo dev. market has frustrated me so much I gave up about 2.5 years ago.

Reskilled myself on java/android and now im a very happy camper.
    (.NET is much more powerful than java at the moment though that will change relatively soon).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Wossack wrote: »
    The (upcoming?) HTC evo is a HD2 with android instead of wm6 afaik..!

No its not, its a completely different device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I m sure a lot of developers will move to WM7, however a lot of them will have to completely reskill themselves as .NET and WPF/Silverlight are not exactly interchangeable. I think it will take time..

I owned WinMo smartphones for many years, but MS inability to innovate and shape the WinMo dev. market has frustrated me so much I gave up about 2.5 years ago.

Reskilled myself on java/android and now im a very happy camper.
    (.NET is much more powerful than java at the moment though that will change relatively soon).

I owned a WinMo touch screen phone for a few years and I eventually decided that it gives a terrible touch user experience so I ditched it. This is something the a properly fixing with WinMo7 and you can see why they took this direction but they have just been to slow off the mark!

Advertisement