Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Apartment Complex on the Northside

Options
  • 30-03-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Ok guys just wondering on peoples opinions here. I work in Drogheda and commute. Im looking at renting an apartment in the northside close to M50 but more importantly M1. Where do people recommend? Ive been looking at Ashtown which is nice but pricey, and Clongriffin which is nice but kind of out of the way for me. Drumcondra would be the ideal location wise but i dont know of any apartment blocks there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I would be a fan of this place. Strong committee, clean, architecturally aesthetic, clean, airy, big wooden windows... Addison Lodge.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=865474

That's the penthouse, bit pricey, but I hope you find something nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

City centre north side, 2 minutes from Port Tunnel, great location!

http://www.daft.ie/2867049

Spencer Dock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I would be a fan of this place. Strong committee, clean, architecturally aesthetic, clean, airy, big wooden windows... Addison Lodge.

Some friends of mine live in that complex. Very high standard of finish. A nice place to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Clongriffin is only about 10 minutes from the M1 and it's a really nice area, the park there is great and you're close to loats of handy shops

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I have lived in Chapelgate in Drumcondra before. It's on the St Alphonsus Rd. Would meet all your requirements, plus it's a really nice development. Very quiet, large common green space and it's well looked after. Around the corner from the train station and a short drive to the M1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Ashtown for me anyway :D

Well worth the money, what's your budget?
    I recently moved into new apartment here and having lived about the place I honestly find these apartments very satisfactory. Absolutely no noisy neighbours, shops on doorstep, train station a half minute's walk, without the added sound effects some might experience from living so close to a track (trust me Crosbies Yard :( ). The apt itself is warm and maintains the heat, large balcony areas, overlooking nice garden area for the summer.

You have Royal Canal Park as well which is cheaper but right beside Ashtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

The Links in Portmarnock is a good location too. Right beside the dart/train station. A spitting distance from Malahide. Right beside Portmarnock beach. The complex has security gates and a tennis court for the fitness minded!! I know a few people that rent in there and it's quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Lollymcd wrote: »
    City centre north side, 2 minutes from Port Tunnel, great location!

http://www.daft.ie/2867049

Spencer Dock

don't forget the toll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

don't forget the toll

Wow, that's some price for the location.

Here's one from The Links which look pretty good and the cheapest in the complex

www.daft.ie/2868648

• Registered Users Posts: 49 batista

Im looking at a max of €1000 for a two double bed apartment. Ashtown is class alright but its not very close to the M1. Is there anything in Clongriffin apart from the apartment blocks? Havent heard of Chapelgate apartments sounds good though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Northwood in Santry?

Not the worst place for commuting purposes actually very good but what is there around there location wise for a young enough fella if ya know what i mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

River Gardens in Glasnevin, overlooking the Botanic Gardens. Church, pub and schools all near hand. Not sure of rent costs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

What about Grattan Lodge/ Grattan Wood in Donaghmede. They are meant to be spacious and should be well settled. The only problem could be the apartments are probably dated now! But you cant get much closer to the M1! There is a nice park, Father Collins Park, across the road and the shop and pub are walking distance!

www.daft.ie/2866618
    www.daft.ie/2865302

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

batista wrote: »
    Im looking at a max of €1000 for a two double bed apartment. Ashtown is class alright but its not very close to the M1. Is there anything in Clongriffin apart from the apartment blocks? Havent heard of Chapelgate apartments sounds good though!

Hi, Clongriffin is really coming on. In the last year we've seen the 128 start which is a high frequency bus service between Clongriffin and Rathmines (via city centre of course), Centra, Franks Chinese takeaway/restaurant, Carryout Off licence, a Pharmacy, Barbers and the jewel in the crown being the new Fr. Collins park which Is a fantastic amenity to have on your doorstep. There is a real sense of community brewing too and last week there was a market on the square which was deemed a success by any accounts!

Not to mention that the Clongriffin DART station opens on the 19th of April, it will also have some of the commuter trains stopping there which might suit you when going back to Drogheda. If you drive then the M1 is less then 5mins drive from Clongriffin.

The area has an estate of houses which are tucked in behind the plethora of apartments on the main street, I have seen a few houses for rent alright but personally I prefer to rent an apartment especially with the underground parking for the piece of mind.

In terms of apartments the quality ranges from excellent to well dodgy, I will pm you with details of who I went through as I have rented in two different blocks and viewed most of the rest and I feel that I am living in the nicest, best run and most well built.

Wherever you choose I wish you the best in your rental endeavours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Ok guys just wondering on peoples opinions here. I work in Drogheda and commute. Im looking at renting an apartment in the northside close to M50 but more importantly M1. Where do people recommend? Ive been looking at Ashtown which is nice but pricey, and Clongriffin which is nice but kind of out of the way for me. Drumcondra would be the ideal location wise but i dont know of any apartment blocks there

I saw a 2 bed duplex in Riverbank hall, addison park, Glasnevin on daft yesterday.

Hickey group are the letting agent ( I have no connection to them )

asking 1,050

offer 1,000 you might get it.

better than ashtown or clongriffin imo.

Just something ive noticed from trawling through all the different places available for rent on daft and rent.ie (and my god are there some amount of apartments for rent) do all apartments only come with one parking space? Is it possible at all to get an apartment that has two car park spaces, and i dont mean to have 2 dedicated car park spaces - i dont even want one of them just enough spaces that me and my buddy would be able to park our two cars in the apartment complex or is that simply a no go as it looks from what i see?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Just something ive noticed from trawling through all the different places available for rent on daft and rent.ie (and my god are there some amount of apartments for rent) do all apartments only come with one parking space? Is it possible at all to get an apartment that has two car park spaces, and i dont mean to have 2 dedicated car park spaces - i dont even want one of them just enough spaces that me and my buddy would be able to park our two cars in the apartment complex or is that simply a no go as it looks from what i see?????

Addison Park has guest parking. As does Northwood in Santry. I imagine this is standard for most complex's.

guest parking = parking spot to be used for 2 hours , if you stay after this amount of time without notifying the management company the offending car will be clamped and you will be fined to remove said clamp.

Guest parking wouldnt be of much use so! Not unless i only fancy spending 2 hours in the apartment at any time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

do all apartments only come with one parking space?

Most apartment complexes have a limited amount of parking because of planning permission restrictions. In others, the developer sold the parking spaces separately at huge cost so most investors only bought a single one. It's fine in the city centre or near the Dart line but a bit daft in the rest of the suburbs.

Pimping my own estate for a minute - I live in Larch Hill on Oscar Traynor Road. Each apartment gets 3 - 4 parking permits free of charge. It's here so it's very close to the M1 and M50. Omni cinema is close-by and there's a sports bar right across the road.

Failing that, I second SantryRed's suggestion of Northwood. It's almost as close to the M1 and it's a really nice area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

SantryRed wrote: »
    Northwood in Santry?

The apartments there look lovely, so does the area. Love taking a short cut through it when going to Homebase

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EdelB

Im currently rentinga room in Temple Court in Northwood and was renting a parking space from another resident in Temple Court. (The apartment Im in is owner occupied so the space is being used). I have just found out that the person I am renting the parking space from has gotten a car so I need a new space for my car asap. Ideally, Id like it in Templecourt but Id be happy anywhere in Northwood as I only have 2 weeks to sort this.

Does anyone have a space or any suggestions?? Ive put an ad in the building and on gumtree.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Edel, why not start a new thread asking that question, rather than digging up a 2 year old thread about an entirely different topic? There may very well be people out there can help you, but you'll never hear from them as they have no interest in the title of this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement