Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperate for recommendations about new phone!

Options
  • 30-03-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey hey!!

As the title suggests, I'm desperate for a new phone that would allow me to access my emails, social networking preferably with WiFi capability.
    And of course one that store a lot of SMS!

Most of all I'm on 02 and budget is under 200.
    I know what I want is an Iphone but it cost far too much for me! :(

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

For a lot of emails and texts, your probably better avoiding touchscreen imo. What would you think about the E72?

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-e72

Quite a decent handset

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

I'm not too sure because I liked the feeling of iphone texting but suppose you may be right.
    Not sure about that-would ideally like slim phone because I tend to carry it everywhere with me.

The e72 is quite slim, might look bigger than it is. Its about the same size as an iphone, just a little smaller.

You seem to want the iphone. You could go for a second hand one for your budget. Might be worth have a browse on adverts.ie

What are the thoughts on N97?

It has its problems. The firmware has let it down badly, and the white flooding issue with the camera lens is embarrassing.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    It has its problems. The firmware has let it down badly, and the white flooding issue with the camera lens is embarrassing.

Aw ok think I want something with touch screen and qwerty, as that'd be like 2 in 1 for me then perhaps?

Well not everyone has issues with it, and plenty of people say its the best phone they had, its just a bit hit and miss. Much improved since it launched in any case. Have a read of the n97 thread maybe, might help you decide. link

Much word about nokia 5530? or one of those samsungs, perhaps cara?

Advertisement